Transmission changed in calibrations

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

JustR18Daily

Transmission changed in calibrations

Post by JustR18Daily »

I have an usual dilemma, my automatic transmission calibrations have somehow changed into manual transmission. No idea how it happened but after contacting hondata their support's only response was "this is impossible". After supplying them with evidence of my communication with my tuner and explaining that multiple years of R18 calibrations are now showing the same issue they simply stopped responding.

I had VitViper do my tuning years ago and he has since taken down his website along my calibrations so I'm left attempting to convert them back for use. Any ideas?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Transmission changed in calibrations

Post by Spunkster »

You have claimed that 2006 calibrations have converted to 2012 calibrations and also that they changed form auto to manual. There is no way to convert them and what you have described is not possible. You will have to start with new calibrations.
JustR18Daily

Post by JustR18Daily »

I supplied multiple datalogs of functional automatic calibrations(still in the flashpro as well). Simply stating "this is not possible" is clearly erroneous, as for the 06 I'm having that locally tuned but, I'm trying to restore my existing 2012 files to a useable state.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

2006 and 2012 calibrations are for different generation vehicles. Perhaps you should start by saying what vehicle/ECU/binary you have and posting the calibrations.
Hondata
JustR18Daily

Post by JustR18Daily »

The vehicle in question was a 2012 Civic EX 1.8 AT - R1Y
supplied are the last calibration and datalog, this car has since been replaced but I would like to salvage the calibration for future use.
Attachments
Rev01.8(1).fpcal
(12.08 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
datalog0016.fpdl
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

What was this related to the 2006 vehicle? You've edited the original post and the context has been lost.

Are you trying to use the 2012 calibration in a 2006?
Hondata
JustR18Daily

Post by JustR18Daily »

Negative it has not been edited, I previously had calibrations for a 2010 AT I attempted to use in a 2006 AT. I believe Mat misunderstood me in that my 2010 AT and 2012 AT (separate calibrations) now appear as 2012 MT. The 2006/2010 issue will be handled separately and is a nonfactor, however, I would like to save the 2012 AT since I've already invested time, money, and effort.

In the datalogs it shows the functioning 2012 AT, as well as in the calibration notes, and previously supplied Emails. I realize the improbable nature of the 2012 AT becoming a 2012 MT but it has nonetheless occurred.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The calibration you posted shows as AT. What is the exact problem? What are you trying to do if you no longer have the vehicle?
Hondata
JustR18Daily

Post by JustR18Daily »

When I open the calibrations it appears as a MT and is grayed out, also when I sent in the calibrations I was told "According to our software engineer they are 06 R18 MT calibrations" so I have no idea what is happening with them. After updating to the newer version of the Hondata software the issues began, since then I've run a clean reinstall twice with the same results. The goal is to get the calibrations functional for the next daily driver as I prefer the 13+ coupe.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

What vehicle do you have now? What happens when you upload to the vehicle?
Hondata
JustR18Daily

Post by JustR18Daily »

Currently, I have a 2006 AT and whenever I open any of my calibrations it appears greyed out as 2012 MT. I unlocked the flashpro and tried to use it on a friend's 2013 AT but the calibrations have the same result. I'm currently using the flashpro on the 06 for the traction update but waiting on a dyno tune over the remote style previously used.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Well then please post the calibration and tell us what the ECU part number and calibration ID are.
Hondata