2015 Honda Civic Si need help tuning

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

ShortRound

2015 Honda Civic Si need help tuning

Post by ShortRound »

Currrent mods: Injen cold air intake, RV6 catted downpipe, and Injen axleback exhaust.

Wanting to see if I am losing power or not.
CalibratEd

Re: 2015 Honda Civic Si need help tuning

Post by CalibratEd »

Post your tune file and a datalog so we may further help you.

-Ed
ShortRound

Post by ShortRound »

I know I'm not suppose to do this but I'm just using a tune I found on here atm. It seems to run fine but I am not sure about it too.
Attachments
1.fpcal
(22.69 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
ShortRound

Post by ShortRound »

My first time datalogging so I'm not sure if I got every aspect of driving needed.
Attachments
datalog1.fpdl
(4.38 MiB) Downloaded 104 times
ShortRound

Post by ShortRound »

CalibratEd wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:08 pm Post your tune file and a datalog so we may further help you.

-Ed
Wanting to see if you can help me check my tune and datalog out. Thanks.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

I reviewed the file and it is mostly Part throttle. The fuel maps can use a little refining. There are also instances where it is knocking. Those areas would need to be addressed. Running improperly tuned fuel tables and having knock can rob you of power. Of course to actually measure the power you would need to dyno the car before and after or use the Virtual dyno software. A Wide open throttle datalog would be needed to see how the tune is on the VTEC side. I do not recommend using tunes you find online as you do not know what changes has been made and sometimes you end up chasing your tail trying to solve issues. I usually start with a stock tune and modify from there.

- Ed
ShortRound

Post by ShortRound »

CalibratEd wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:21 pm I reviewed the file and it is mostly Part throttle. The fuel maps can use a little refining. There are also instances where it is knocking. Those areas would need to be addressed. Running improperly tuned fuel tables and having knock can rob you of power. Of course to actually measure the power you would need to dyno the car before and after or use the Virtual dyno software. A Wide open throttle datalog would be needed to see how the tune is on the VTEC side. I do not recommend using tunes you find online as you do not know what changes has been made and sometimes you end up chasing your tail trying to solve issues. I usually start with a stock tune and modify from there.

- Ed
I switched the map to the stock hondata reflash. Changed the vtec window range to 4500-5000 rpm. Can you help check if this map runs smoother and without problems. I heard some people had problems with the stock reflash. Are you well educated in helping me fine tune some simple stuff so that I don't blow my motor or cause any damages? Would love the feedbacks and help. Thanks.

I posted another datalog for the stock reflash.
Attachments
Reflash.fpcal
(20.04 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
datalog2.fpdl
(4.38 MiB) Downloaded 107 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

ShortRound wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:20 am
CalibratEd wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:21 pm I reviewed the file and it is mostly Part throttle. The fuel maps can use a little refining. There are also instances where it is knocking. Those areas would need to be addressed. Running improperly tuned fuel tables and having knock can rob you of power. Of course to actually measure the power you would need to dyno the car before and after or use the Virtual dyno software. A Wide open throttle datalog would be needed to see how the tune is on the VTEC side. I do not recommend using tunes you find online as you do not know what changes has been made and sometimes you end up chasing your tail trying to solve issues. I usually start with a stock tune and modify from there.

- Ed
I switched the map to the stock hondata reflash. Changed the vtec window range to 4500-5000 rpm. Can you help check if this map runs smoother and without problems. I heard some people had problems with the stock reflash. Are you well educated in helping me fine tune some simple stuff so that I don't blow my motor or cause any damages? Would love the feedbacks and help. Thanks.

I posted another datalog for the stock reflash.
The Fuel needs to be addressed and there is knock. This is a better start seeing as it is a stock file. I recommend switching the tune to Speed density and dialing in the fuel from there. Yes, people have mentioned that some stock files have knock but that can be fixed. Keep i mind the files provided by Hondata are a base to start from.

-Ed