2015 FG4 tune

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

rogan170

2015 FG4 tune

Post by rogan170 »

I have a 2015 FG4 with only skunk 2 exhaust.
I’m running reflash as of now. It seems like it’s working well as of now. I live in Phoenix,AZ so I havnt changed intake yet due to the heat and IAT being at 130 degrees during the day. (Afraid of heat soak) But want to make sure im not hurting my engine between the time I do more mods and A more permanent tune. @EFICU I see giving a hand a lot. And idk if it’s because I’m new I can’t DM him. I’ll post a data log but since I’m new to this I doubt it will be a good enough data log. Seems like it’s pulling good but the top end seems like it tapers off. I ran against a G35 (unknown mods) and he only got a fender on me. Any help would be appreciated. I’ll try to get some datalogging in tomorrow. I just need to know exactly what to do during. Thanks 🙏
EFICU

Re: 2015 FG4 tune

Post by EFICU »

Hi Rogan,

I'm sure we can squeeze some more power out of it, if nothing else we can certainly get the fuel trims better and smooth out the tune for sure. I also tune the relationship from the throttle pedal to the throttle body, so that makes quite a difference as well. Because you live in AZ, I would recommend swapping out the intake immediately. With 130* intake temps it will be pulling 5-6* ignition and 3-5% fuel to keep it running nice and safe, so you're losing a lot of performance. The stock intake box gets heat soaked easily and the heat doesn't dissipate at all, once it's hot it will stay how. You should definitely look into getting the Skunk2 intake or the Acuity as they move the intake pipe and filter well away from the exhaust. Anything short ram and back towards the DP will get hot.

For a good datalog, they need to be 20-30 minutes of stop and go driving some signal light to signal light. Steady speed on the freeway with cruise control on doesn't populate as much data. On your drive, we need one wide open throttle (WOT) pull in third gear from 2000rpm to redline. Then post it, and the calibration file you're driving on so we can look at it. So, 20-30 minute overall, one WOT pull in third gear is what would be an ideal datalog.

Feel free to post the datalog you do have, perhaps any major issues can be identified on that before you go making longer datalogs.
rogan170

Post by rogan170 »

Cool man. I’ll have some time to datalog in the morning/afternoon. I’ve been watching the IAT and your right when it seems like it would take forever to bring down. Or atleast when night time came if would start dropping. Much appreciated in the tip with that since everyone says the stock air box is better. I definitely didn’t want a short ram due to the fact that it goes back towards the DP. I’ll post up datalogs tomorrow for sure. Respect for the help my man.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

rogan170 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:07 am Cool man. I’ll have some time to datalog in the morning/afternoon. I’ve been watching the IAT and your right when it seems like it would take forever to bring down. Or atleast when night time came if would start dropping. Much appreciated in the tip with that since everyone says the stock air box is better. I definitely didn’t want a short ram due to the fact that it goes back towards the DP. I’ll post up datalogs tomorrow for sure. Respect for the help my man.
The stock airbox isn't better for anything really. Especially IATs. In the summer time, it will be common to see IATs 30* above ambient temp, which in your climate is not good. Once the plastic box gets hot it just doesn't get the heat out of it.
rogan170

Post by rogan170 »

Hopefully I loaded this right. I did 20 mins of stop/go driving. All the driving was done with the AC on. (Phoenix) except when I did the WOT pulls I turned it off for those. Let me know if this was good enough for ya
Attachments
datalog0002.fpdl
(3.31 MiB) Downloaded 127 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Hi Rogan,

Yeah it's definitely hot, IATs were 130* consistently and over 140* for part part of it. That would be the first thing to address, as mentioned before I would get the Skunk2 or Acuity as soon as you can. I'd even think about an intake blanket from DEI or Heatshield products to help as well.

Overall it's running rich as a whole. The part throttle is seeing long term negative trims throughout, and the WOT fueling is very rich.

The one main issue I see is the knock it's showing. It has a high knock count, which is causing the knock retard to go to 100%. When it's at 100%, plus the ignition compensation from the intake temps, it's pulling more than 50% of ignition to keep it safe. At redline it's got 12* of timing in it when you should have in the mid to low 20's.

What I would do Rogan, there is no sense in going all out on a tune right now if you're just going to get an intake in the near future. There is also no reason to go all out on a tune if you're going to keep the stock intake for a long time. I have a good basefile to start you on that we can build off of to get it good for the stock intake, but I'd rather spend a lot of time with you when you get the intake on. With my basefile, and maybe 4-5 revisions we can get it pretty good for what you have now. Then when you get the intake, we can spend more time on it.

Let me know what you think on all of this, and where your head is at on getting an intake. The intake is honestly a must for your climate.
rogan170

Post by rogan170 »

I appreciate it greatly. I noticed the IAT hit 140* and that’s the highest I’ve seen it so far. Also noticed the knock count were more on cylinder #4.

I agree with the cold air intake for sure. I was also looking into hood spacers as well. (It’s Phoenix,not a lot of rain. And it’s always hot) . I need to bring those temps down. So that’s gonna he my main focus. I guess my next question is... if I keep the reflash as it is now. Will I be doing any damage by keeping it this way? Or should I tweak it alittle bit to help it run alittle smoother? Or are the problems caused solely from the high IAT?

I just want to make sure I’m not doing damage while I’m getting the other parts I want for it. I will probably do basic bolt on. With the possibility to f the RBC swap. Let me know what you think about continuing the car running just on the reflash. I don’t want to waste your time if we don’t have to.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah, the IATs will only get worse as it gets warmer and warmer there. The knocks were in all cylinders, but the majority were in #4 yes.

The hood spacers may help a little, but I can't comment on it without testing. Getting the pipe and filter well away from the DP is the most important part. I wouldn't recommend staying on the calibration you're driving on. Will it hurt anything, not really. You're just driving on a less than optimal file. Part of the issue is the IATs yes, the ECU is doing a lot in the background to keep it happy and keep the knock count as low as possible.

I would be happy to help you out, what I was getting at is let's get it dialed in for what you have right now. Which we can do quickly, then once you get your mods on we can put more time into it. We can get it running a lot better and safer quickly for now with the stock intake, then when you mod it out we can really dial in all the details. For instance, when you do the RBC swap, it's going to need a ton of fueling changes to accommodate that. When I do complete tunes, a lot of them take 12-15 revisions because I tune all cam angles individually. I would hate to spend that much time on a tune with the stock intake, then you get your mods a few weeks later and we have to start all over again you know. For you being mostly stock, we can use completed file I have with similar mods and make the adjustments needed for yours, probably in 3-5 revisions. You would notice a big difference on the first file, but to get it to my liking it would take 3-5 revisions.

For the help I give you guys on here, most of it is free as I let you guys decide if you want to send me a few bucks for the help. With all the help I've been giving on here, most of it being free, I need to be more efficient with my time. I don't want to make it about money, more so time honestly. I enjoy helping guys on here, but I have to start being a little better with my time.

To sum it up, I would be glad to help you. I can send you the basefile to start on right away. Make a datalog with it, and we'll make the necessary changes to get it running better and safer. Then once you get ready to start modding it more, we can discuss your plans and how to tackle retuning it for the mods you plan on doing at that time.

Let me know what you think.
rogan170

Post by rogan170 »

Yeah man. If You wanna Help me out with getting it alittle better than we’re it’s at now. I’m on board with that. The RBC swap won’t be till down the road. I just got the car last month so I’m still doing small Odds and ends right now in the meantime.

And trust me I was gonna ask you about
Compensation for your time. I work two jobs so I know about the lack of free time in life lol. We can discuss if in a PM if you want. I have no problem with it.

The cold air will probably be atleast a month before I get it and put it all on. I’m watching the current world affairs and hoping it doesn’t effect my main source of income. Lol
But I’m more than happy to give them It a few calibrations
And we can discuss stuff for down the road. Idk if your trying to make tuning more of a opportunity for you but me and my car crew have 1k followers on IG and I can give you shout outs as we are going along and tag you for getting my car dialed in.

I’m cool with all of it my man. 👌
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good, yeah I wouldn't want to leave you driving on the what you have now. We'll discuss all of the details later on, right now we'll just worry about getting it running better and stop pulling so much timing. I think you'll be pretty happy all things considered.

So here is the first file for you to start on. Take it for a drive just like you did in the datalog you posted a few days ago. 20-30 minutes of stop and go driving, and throw in the WOT pull in third gear from 2000-7600 and post the datalog.

In the file, under the "calibration" tab, if you can fill out the customer info in there for me and then email it to me at the address in the same screen I would appreciate it. That way I have your customer info for my records and you don't have to post it on the forums or PMs.
rogan170.SD.Rev01.fpcal
(23.17 KiB) Downloaded 107 times