07 civic si - port matched intake manifold - k&n short ram

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

Curbow08

07 civic si - port matched intake manifold - k&n short ram

Post by Curbow08 »

im running an 07 civic si with a light weight fly wheel,
port matched and polished intake manifold runners,
and a K&N short ram intake

there is a nasty dip in my datalogs around 4000 that I cant seem to get rid of
Im targeting 13.5 af

any help would be greatly appreciated
(k&n maf) adjustment 4-21-20.fpcal
(21.92 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
datalog0000.fpdl
(2.63 MiB) Downloaded 92 times
datalog0004.fpdl
(3.26 MiB) Downloaded 85 times
EFICU

Re: 07 civic si - port matched intake manifold - k&n short ram

Post by EFICU »

One of the main problems you have is the WOT lambda tables. Because of how the WOT lambda table values are populated, the ECU is not entering open loop until 6000rpm. Which means the fuel trims are being applied at WOT up to 6000rpms. Once you get the WOT tables sorted, then the ECU will enter open loop and you can properly scale the MAF. With the intake you have, it may run better on a MAP based tune, but you can probably make it work on the MAF.

You also have an idle error code in the system, have you noticed the car idling at 1000rpm?

You mention you're targeting 13.5 AFR, for part throttle fueling or WOT fueling? Why 13.5?

There are a few other randoms things in the tune that could be changed to help performance and drivability. Just let me know how little or how much help you want.
Curbow08

Post by Curbow08 »

I need all the help I can get!!!

The error code is from the intake air bypass not closing at operating temp. I intend to delete the bypass valve and cap the vacuum ports this weekend.

As for the 13.5 afr target. I was told for wot that 13.5 made the most power.

If you think I should switch to a map based tune I’m all for it...

If your willing to e-tune for me I’ll datalog daily and upload in the evening after work
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay sounds good, I just didn't want to overstep my bounds with help you weren't asking for...

Is the bypass valve before or after the MAF? I'll have to try and look it up, I didn't know the K&N had some type of bypass on them. With the filter placement on the SRI like that, our main issue will be intake temps being very hot all the time.

13.5 is a little lean for for safety, we would want you in the 12.8-13.1 range to make sure it's nice and safe for you. The power between 13.5 and 12.8 would be marginal, but the safety would be much great at 12.8-13.1. That's easy to take care of as long as the car doesn't have any mechanical issues.

Yeah if you want me to tune it for you that's no problem. To do it right we are looking in the range of 12 revisions to tune each cam angle and finalize everything, does that work for you? Some take less, some take more, all depends on how it all works out.

Let me know...
Curbow08

Post by Curbow08 »

I’m ready when you are....
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Curbow08 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:26 am I’m ready when you are....
Sounds good, what octane fuel do you run? The only mod is the K&N intake and the intake manifold work right; stock exhaust, header, and cat?
Curbow08

Post by Curbow08 »

That’s all on mods currently and I run 93 octane
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay. Here is the first file for you. This one will be on the 0* cam angle to start.

For the datalogs, we need them to be in the twenty minute range with stop and go type city driving. We also need to make one wide open throttle (WOT) pull in third gear from 2500-8600rpms so we can work on the WOT fueling as well. The stop and go driving populates a lot more data than steady speed highway driving with cruise control on. So try to do as much stop and go type driving as you can, and throw in one WOT pull in third gear from 2500-8600. This will be the the criteria for each datalog unless I ask for something else.

Let me know if you have any questions, and please fill out the customer information tab under "calibration" in the file and send it to me so I have your information.
Curbow.SD.Rev01 (0 Cam).fpcal
(19.81 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Curbow08

Post by Curbow08 »

I fixed the idle issue yesterday so there shouldn't be any error codes.
The first datalog has the wot hit at the end and the second datalog is just extra driving from this morning
Also ive included the calibration because I had to make the scaling changes and settings to log my aftermarket wideband so lets try to include that in every one going forward so I wont have to touch the calibration

thanks for the help
datalog0001 cam 0.fpdl
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 77 times
Curbow.SD.Rev01 (0 Cam).fpcal
(19.8 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Attachments
datalog0002 cam 0.fpdl
(3.04 MiB) Downloaded 85 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

I want ahead and used your calibration so you don't have to keep going in there. Double check everything though for this first revision so we know it's all good.

So I went in and made a bunch of changes to the fueling for you, we should be a lot closer on this one. Since you have the wideband connected, you want me to use it's reading for your fueling correct? I compared your wideband reading to the factory corrected sensor reading and they were really close. I'll keep comparing them as we go, but I will use the wideband reading for the fueling unless you tell me otherwise.

Here is the next one for you. This one will be on the 15* cam angle now. Try to make the datalogs as close to 20-30 minutes as much as possible. It gives us better average data.
Curbow.SD.Rev02.1 (15Cam).fpcal
(20.47 KiB) Downloaded 81 times