running rich

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

DopeHonda

running rich

Post by DopeHonda »

hey guys, i recently got hondata flashpro and a taketa momentum intake. ive tried all the base maps and the MAF calibration seems to be the best so far for me. i will be getting a dyno tune in 2-3 weeks, but i keep getting a code saying im running rich... i am a little intimidated by the software and dont wish to mess something up drastically. do you guys think this will be safe to drive for another 2 and a half weeks? ive attached a few datalogs ive recorded, all with various weather conditions.
any information would be much appreciated!
Attachments
desktop.ini
(130 Bytes) Downloaded 135 times
datalog0010.fpdl
(2.21 MiB) Downloaded 125 times
datalog0009.fpdl
(2.44 MiB) Downloaded 137 times
datalog0008.fpdl
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 130 times
datalog0007.fpdl
(2.51 MiB) Downloaded 132 times
EFICU

Re: running rich

Post by EFICU »

Is this an 8th or 9th gen Si?

Can you post the calibration you are currently running?
DopeHonda

Post by DopeHonda »

9th gen, its a 2013 civic si.
sorry about that, here is the calibration
Attachments
111.fpcal
(21.05 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah I think you can greatly benefit from switching to a MAP based tune instead of the MAF tune. MAF tunes usually work well with stock intakes, once you switch to an aftermarket intake they usually run better on the MAP. I can help you tune it real quick so it runs good while you wait for your dyno tune. I normally tune them the long way so it's a completely custom tune for your car, but since you're dyno tuning in a few weeks we can do it the quicker way where we tune it using a completed file and make the necessary changes for your car. Then you can at least not have to worry about anything in the mean time.

Let me know.
DopeHonda

Post by DopeHonda »

That’s fantastic! I would appreciate that, i definitely don’t need an intensive tune, i just want to make sure I’m not going to melt a piston ring or get blowback before the dyno
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. Here is the first file for you. For the datalogs, we need them to be in the twenty minute range with stop and go type city driving as much as possible. On the drive, do one wide open throttle (WOT) pull in third gear from 2500-redline so we can see the WOT fueling.

Let me know if you have any questions. It will take a few revisions to get it dialed for you. So send me the datalog when you make it and we'll make the necessary revisions for you.
Attachments
DopeHonda. SD. Rev01.fpcal
(24.02 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
DopeHonda

Post by DopeHonda »

wow! the power feels much more linear while WOT with this MAP tune compared to MAF.
this is the datalog from my drive to work, sorry there is not much traffic around 4am lol, but i can get another datalog after work in 8 hours.
its also ALOT colder than its been, its 29 degrees fahrenheit out right now, and its been around 50-60 degrees out recently which is why i believe ive been running rich.
thanks again so much! excited to see where this goes
Attachments
datalog1_DopeHonda. SD. Rev01-200414-000.fpdl
(390.39 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah that was really good for a start. Some of the trims were a little rich, but not bad at all. The WOT fueling was really close. After a couple more revisions it should be pretty much dead on. I massaged a couple areas of ignition to remove the knock in there.

The fueling has compensation tables for intake temps. So it should theoretically adjust for different weather conditions. I think the main reason why you were running rich is the intake on a MAF tune or calibration not adjusted for your car. It's very hard to produce a map that works on every car for different intakes and stuff. This is why tuning it for your car specifically should be a must once you start modding. We'll get it cleaned up for you so you don't have to worry about it anymore though.

Here is the next one.
DopeHonda. SD. Rev02.fpcal
(24.17 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
DopeHonda

Post by DopeHonda »

Thank you so much, this feels really good.
This next datalog should be perfect, still a little cold around 40F degrees outside.
its alot of stop and go traffic through the first half, then some open country roads towards the end. The last full 3rd gear pull was on a straight road, the other 3rd gear pulls were done on curves... i don't know if that affects anything or not, but figured id let you know.
Seriously, thank you, this has been a blessing to ease my mind before my appointment. how can i compensate you for the time you've spent helping me? I get paid friday, and would feel awful if i didn't pay someone for a great service they have provided. Especially with the state the world is in right now.
DopeHonda

Post by DopeHonda »

The datalog file is too large to attach here... do you by chance have an email i can send it to? or a way i can shrink it?
thanks in advance
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah, email the datalog to eficalibrations at gmail.com. I'll look it over and post the calibration on here for you per Hondata forum rules.
GGRaiderr

Post by GGRaiderr »

Hi, im new to the whole hondata thing, but i am having a similar issue. I have a 2014 si and i just installed a skunk 2 cai, and tried to do the stock reflash but every couple hundred miles, i get an emissions light that turns on, and i literally have no idea what to do. im planning on getting an catback exhaust soon and then tuning it after that, but i dont wana mess anything up on the motor right now and since i started a new job not too long after installing the intake, i dont have the time and/or want to put the stock intake back on, especially since we had to do all the rewiring and battery relocation. is there anything i can do to tune this thing with just the intake until i get the money to get the catback and get it tuned at a shop? any help would be Greatly appreciated!