Tune request

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

Odeclas

Tune request

Post by Odeclas »

2015 Si Sedan, engine mods are as follows:

- K&N Typhoon short ram intake
- Invidia N1 catback exhaust 3 inch

I can provide a datalog, but I'm not sure what kind of driving would be best for the data log. Full throttle pull, or just regular daily driving?
EFICU

Re: Tune request

Post by EFICU »

How's it going?

Which calibration are you driving on right now?
Odeclas

Post by Odeclas »

I'm doing well thanks, I hope you are as well.

Currently just driving on the Reflash.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. If you want to make a datalog in the twenty minute range that would work. Do your normal daily driving stop and go type driving, then throw in one full throttle pull in third gear from 2500-redline. Then post the datalog and the calibration you're driving on. after that, we can discuss how you want to tune it, whether to just clean up your calibration or do a complete custom tune.
Odeclas

Post by Odeclas »

Thank you. I'll get a log done tonight and post it here.
Odeclas

Post by Odeclas »

Here's a datalog I took last night and the calibration I'm using. A little shorter than 20 mins, let me know if I should take another one. First little bit is just me idling in my driveway for a minute or so haha.
Attachments
reflash.fpcal
(20.01 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
20mindrive3rdgearftp.fpdl
(3.94 MiB) Downloaded 96 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it's definitely running rich, and has a few other issues, nothing major, just nowhere near ideal.

So the proper way to tune is to tune each cam angle individually. Usually takes in the range of 12 revisions, give or take how everything works out. If you don't have time to make datalogs and get them back to me, we can use a completed file and make only the necessary changes for your car. It's totally up to you, the shorter method takes 6-8 revisions in most cases. The long version is a more complete tune. Let me know what you think and if you have any questions.
Odeclas

Post by Odeclas »

I've got time to make the datalogs, that won't be an issue. How do I go about adjusting my cam angles? My knowledge of tuning is essentially 0, but I'm very open to learning.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

If you want me to help you tune it, I will send you a basemap to start with it on the 0* cam angle. Then I will give you the protocol of what we need from datalogs and stuff. You will learn a lot as we go. You can always ask me questions as we go, and we can try to have you make some changes at some point, but you will learn a lot as we go and see what changes we make.

Let me know if you want to get started.
Odeclas

Post by Odeclas »

Let's get started!
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. Here is the first file for you. Take this one a twenty minute ish drive like you did before. Normal stop and go driving is the best. Throw in one wide open throttle pull in third gear as well from 2500-redline. Then we'll take a look and see how it looks.

Let me know if you have any questions. Also, please fill out the information in the calibration tab and send it to me so I have all your information.

This one will be on the 0* cam with vtec at 4400.
Odeclas.SD.Rev01.fpcal
(21.93 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Odeclas

Post by Odeclas »

Snowing today and I put my summers on two days ago :/ Looks like it might melt later but if not I probably won't be able to get the datalog tonight.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. No need to be unsafe, just let me know.
Odeclas

Post by Odeclas »

Snow has already melted haha, I'll get that datalog and hopefully be able to post it tonight or tomorrow morning.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. Please be sure to fill out the customer information crieteria under "calibration" in the tune file and send it to me. Thank you!