08 Si Hybrid Racing CAI Calibration Help

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

pepperdanky

Re: 08 Si Hybrid Racing CAI Calibration Help

Post by pepperdanky »

You should stop using that calibration before you damage your engine. It is running crazy lean above 6000 rpm.
heimankm

Post by heimankm »

I don't understand how it could be so lean when the fuel tables are identical to the AEM V.2 CAI calibration. Do I need to step up at every throttle position above 6000rpm? Would 10% be too much? How do I determine what cam angles to make the adjustments at?
heimankm

Post by heimankm »

Looking at the Lamda, I see that the numbers are high on both the low and high fuel tables all throughout the rpm range. Is this what I should be adjusting to bring the numbers closer to 14s?

I'll grab better data logs tomorrow to evaluate the necessary adjustments.
pepperdanky

Post by pepperdanky »

None of the fuel tables in the 'RRB' cals have been adjusted from default, as they were meant to be run with the AFM for fueling. You may have better luck copying the fuel tables from the 'Race' calibration, which were tuned, into your map.

Be aware that the fuel table scaling is different between the RRB and Race calibrations, so if you have well-tuned tables in a Race cal, they will be off once you copy them to the RRB cal.
heimankm

Post by heimankm »

By Race Calibration, do you mean the one I used from this thread (uploaded by the thread owner)?

By RRB calibration, do you mean the one provided by Hondata (Civic-Si-RRB-5-AEMV2CAI)?

Finally, are you suggesting I convert the RRB calibration to MAP and copy the values from the Race calibration tables?
pepperdanky

Post by pepperdanky »

The calibration here is an altered RRB cal. You should see Civic-Si-Race-... in the new calibration window for the Race cals. Might have to check a box under the filters.
heimankm

Post by heimankm »

I completely forgot about the filter.... And that makes sense as the fuel tables aren't available for AFM tuning.

So I ran a 3rd gear pull today and from what I see, it's not leaning out at high RPM. Am I overlooking something that would cause such a drastic change (aside from the change in air temperature and humidity)?

The thread owner's Low Fuel calibrations are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the AEM V2 CAI Map race calibration. Looking at my Partial Throttle data log, It's running a little rich so I'll try the low fuel tables from the AEM V2 Map race calibration to see if that helps balance things out.

Am I approaching this incorrectly?
Attachments
Partial Throttle 10.8.2016.fpdl
(331.58 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
3rd Gear Pull 2 10.8.2016.fpdl
(43.76 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
3rd Gear Pull 1 10.8.2016.fpdl
(183.39 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
heimankm

Post by heimankm »

Everything about the MAP based Race calibration is different compared to the (I assume AFM) base calibration for the AEM V2 CAI. Not only are the fuel tables different but so are the cranking fuel, Ignition (High/Low), Cam Angle (High/Low), Knock Ignition (High/Low), Knock Retard (High/Low), and Target/Normal Throttle Plate. Will I need to copy all of those tables from the Race calibration? I almost just feel like uploading the Race calibration at this point.
0macman0

Post by 0macman0 »

I agree I wish there was a better way to convert from the race calibrations. I have a very similar setup with the addition of DC DICs and trying to move it all over to the RRB calibration is insane.