Clearing the ECU with FlashPro

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

steve47co1

Clearing the ECU with FlashPro

Post by steve47co1 »

Can someone tell me how to clear the ECU and start over again with FP? I have a 2012 Si with many mods and recently got water in my fuel system. Had to drain tank, purge lines and fuel rail, change out fuel pump, injectors, sensors, etc. and would like to start over again. I have overwritten my "tune" from before the water incident twice with last known good tune, but still having problems when I get into V-TEC; it is like I am hitting a governor or a limiter when I get there.

Any help? I have read all of the help files on this site and that is the one thing I don't see. I have upgraded to the latest firmware and manager version for FP (1/15), too. I know that the upload is working, because when I load the stock tune, it runs very poorly. Runs better when I reload the last known good tune for my mods, but still hits a wall at V-TEC. Here is the real kicker; I can get to V-TEC (and redline) in 1st and 2nd gear, but I hit the wall in 3rd gear at V-TEC.

My current thought process is to just start over, like when your computer OS (windows) gets so corrupted that a fresh install solves all of your problems. Maybe that is faulty logic, but that is what an ECU seems to be to me?

Thank you.
ajpturbopittsburgh

Re: Clearing the ECU with FlashPro

Post by ajpturbopittsburgh »

You have a mechanical problem. Water in your fuel system won't affect the tune. I'd post a log and calibration to start. Or you could just have a problem with the tune. But it won't be from the water. You may try to fight this advise because you have your own ideas in your head but in the end you will find a mechanical problem caused by the water
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There is no way to erase the calibration. When you upload a calibration the old one is completely overwritten.
steve47co1

Post by steve47co1 »

ajpturbopittsburgh wrote:You have a mechanical problem. Water in your fuel system won't affect the tune. I'd post a log and calibration to start. Or you could just have a problem with the tune. But it won't be from the water. You may try to fight this advise because you have your own ideas in your head but in the end you will find a mechanical problem caused by the water
Thank you. I don't have any real good ideas at all; this whole problem is way over my head and I am reaching out here for solutions.

I am going to pull the valve cover today and look for a know issue with some Si's, the rocker arm broken c-clip retaining spring.

Thank you,
steve47co1

Post by steve47co1 »

Spunkster wrote:There is no way to erase the calibration. When you upload a calibration the old one is completely overwritten.
Thank you. That is probably why I am not finding any way to do that on the forums!
ajpturbopittsburgh

Post by ajpturbopittsburgh »

Sorry not trying to be a jerk here but why would you think it has anything to do with a programming or ECU problem? You had water in the fuel system and then you had drivability issues...You should be looking for mechanical problems first but judging by your questions you shouldn't be touching a wrench or a car either. You jacked up your car pretty good just take it to a pro, you don't even know where to begin. Evidence of this is the fact that you thought it was computer related.
steve47co1

Post by steve47co1 »

ajpturbopittsburgh wrote:Sorry not trying to be a jerk here but why would you think it has anything to do with a programming or ECU problem? You had water in the fuel system and then you had drivability issues...You should be looking for mechanical problems first but judging by your questions you shouldn't be touching a wrench or a car either. You jacked up your car pretty good just take it to a pro, you don't even know where to begin. Evidence of this is the fact that you thought it was computer related.
You have succeeded in being what your first thought expressed.