Map fuel tables and disable maf

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

Hybrid_Hatch

Map fuel tables and disable maf

Post by Hybrid_Hatch »

hello.

If I run a hybrid afm calibration with map fuel tables enabled can I disable the afm? I am currently running a rsx iat and have deleted the afm all together. I see the "enable maf" in the software, can I just uncheck it? I have the car fully tuned but would like my fuel gauge to act normal and get my oil change minder back, can I just copy/paste my ignition and fuel values from my current tuned map calibration over to the afm calibration with all the other fuel related values and be good to go?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Map fuel tables and disable AFM

Post by Hondata »

Without know what car & calibration this, I can't answer the question.
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you are using an AFM calibration then the oil life should still be working.
Hybrid_Hatch

Post by Hybrid_Hatch »

opps, my bad.

Car is a 08 civic si and I am currently on a street and dyno tuned Map only calibration, I street tuned the car for drivablity then put it on a dyno for WOT tuning.

what I want to do is transfer all of my values (fuel/ ignition/ over run/ cold start/ ect) over to a "new" AFM calibration and disable the AFM as its no longer installed on the car/engine.
Hybrid_Hatch

Post by Hybrid_Hatch »

ok, so I tried it tonight...

I copied all my values over to a new afm cal, I did the fuel, ignition, vtc, over run, cold start, throttle, basically everything, took the car for a few spins while data logging and the car felt weaker, the a/f was the same weather using a afm or map cal and the ignition was the same but the car just didnt not feel anywhere hear as perky and almost stock feeling, I re loaded the Map cal and the car came back to life, so either I did something wrong or a map based cal is what the car wants.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The fuel tables are different between the race and normal calibrations.

Yes, you can remove the AFM and replace with an IAT.
Hondata