2009 Honda Civic si Calibration

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

EFICU

Re: 2009 Honda Civic si Calibration

Post by EFICU »

Looks good man. I made a few small fuel adjustments to tighten things up for fuel. As for 6th gear, it's not really designed for full throttle acceleration at 3500 rpm in 6th gear. These cars don't make enough torque to pull it out of that much gearing. If you need to accelerate at 3500 rpm in 6th gear, you have to put it into 4th gear or 5th gear depending on how much acceleration you need. 6th gear is for freeway cruising and light acceleration.

Here is a rough idea on power. Take it all with a grain of salt. If you can find a really smooth bump free and flat surface we can test to see how the power looks. This is the best looking one of your passes.
Killarjp VD.jpg
Killarjp VD.jpg (90.53 KiB) Viewed 985 times
Here is the next revision for you.
Killarjp.SD.Rev05.fpcal
(22.97 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Killarjp

Post by Killarjp »

EFICU wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:18 am Looks good man. I made a few small fuel adjustments to tighten things up for fuel. As for 6th gear, it's not really designed for full throttle acceleration at 3500 rpm in 6th gear. These cars don't make enough torque to pull it out of that much gearing. If you need to accelerate at 3500 rpm in 6th gear, you have to put it into 4th gear or 5th gear depending on how much acceleration you need. 6th gear is for freeway cruising and light acceleration.

Here is a rough idea on power. Take it all with a grain of salt. If you can find a really smooth bump free and flat surface we can test to see how the power looks. This is the best looking one of your passes.
Killarjp VD.jpg

Here is the next revision for you.

Killarjp.SD.Rev05.fpcal

Damn I though it would be around 200 lol but I’ll take that. Need more mods and more power lol but hey I really appreciate the help. With this new calibration is it the final one? Or do you want me to do another datalog
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Killarjp wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:44 am Damn I though it would be around 200 lol but I’ll take that. Need more mods and more power lol but hey I really appreciate the help. With this new calibration is it the final one? Or do you want me to do another datalog
With the stock cat 200 would be ambitious. Your most recent pull was downhill for sure and showed 212whp. Based on the curve though, I can tell it was somewhat downhill. If you can make a few third gear pulls on your drive, we can take the best of the pulls you make and see how it looks. Remember that we're using a completed basemap, we didn't build your cam angle map from data from your car. Once you get your header in it, if you want my help then, we will do a complete tune where we lock cam angles and do it all proper. Here is your car versus a car with similar mods and a race header. The other car might be a bit of a freak, but it gives you a good comparison of the increase from the header and a complete tune. Again take it all with a grain of salt, a lot of people think the Virtual Dyno is BS, some thinks it's great. I'm not advocating either, just giving you something to see.
Killarjp VDvs Annon.jpg
Killarjp VDvs Annon.jpg (108.27 KiB) Viewed 979 times
And yes, continue making your datalogs. And still get the clean third gear pull and fourth gear pull so I can finalize everything.
Killarjp

Post by Killarjp »

EFICU wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:25 am
Killarjp wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:44 am Damn I though it would be around 200 lol but I’ll take that. Need more mods and more power lol but hey I really appreciate the help. With this new calibration is it the final one? Or do you want me to do another datalog
With the stock cat 200 would be ambitious. Your most recent pull was downhill for sure and showed 212whp. Based on the curve though, I can tell it was somewhat downhill. If you can make a few third gear pulls on your drive, we can take the best of the pulls you make and see how it looks. Remember that we're using a completed basemap, we didn't build your cam angle map from data from your car. Once you get your header in it, if you want my help then, we will do a complete tune where we lock cam angles and do it all proper. Here is your car versus a car with similar mods and a race header. The other car might be a bit of a freak, but it gives you a good comparison of the increase from the header and a complete tune. Again take it all with a grain of salt, a lot of people think the Virtual Dyno is BS, some thinks it's great. I'm not advocating either, just giving you something to see.
Killarjp VDvs Annon.jpg

And yes, continue making your datalogs. And still get the clean third gear pull and fourth gear pull so I can finalize everything.

When i hit the 3rd gear pull its slightly down hill. Sadly dont really know much areas where i can do pulls with a flat surface without it being hot or with traffic. 4th gear pull also couldnt reach all the way to 8k. But i understand about the stock cat and headers. Was curious to know what exactly do i need to run e30 or e40. i dont want to be running a full e85 i just want to blend it with mixture of 91 and e85. fuel pump and fuel injectors?
Attachments
datalog0005.fpdl
(4.88 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

As far as an E blend, you can run 7 gallons of 91 and 3 gallons of e85. You would need injectors to run it and two calibrations if you wanted to run 91 pump and the e blend. If you ran the E blend tune, and all you could get it 91, you would have to drive it very calm, and no WOT. The fuel trims would cover the difference in fuel, but WOT wouldn't have proper fueling. So keep that in mind if you decide to go for it.

That datalog looked great. Fuel looks really good and no knock. Make another datalog when you have time and post it up. Let's make sure it looks good over two datalogs now and we'll go from there.
Killarjp

Post by Killarjp »

EFICU wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:24 pm As far as an E blend, you can run 7 gallons of 91 and 3 gallons of e85. You would need injectors to run it and two calibrations if you wanted to run 91 pump and the e blend. If you ran the E blend tune, and all you could get it 91, you would have to drive it very calm, and no WOT. The fuel trims would cover the difference in fuel, but WOT wouldn't have proper fueling. So keep that in mind if you decide to go for it.

That datalog looked great. Fuel looks really good and no knock. Make another datalog when you have time and post it up. Let's make sure it looks good over two datalogs now and we'll go from there.
what would be the benefit hp if i were to go e blended compared to full e85? Also i tried 4th gear a few times this time because didnt have any clearance to do the pulls
Attachments
datalog0006.fpdl
(5.98 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Probably single digit HP increase. Of course going from 91 to more octane would help. Once you go boosted and stuff is when E85 shines. if you run full E85 in your car, the sending unit will corrode and you won't have a fuel level gauge anymore. Honestly, without an ethanol sensor capability I wouldn't recommend E85. You never really know if you're getting E85, E70, etc. It changes throughout the year. For your setup though, the gains would be marginal honestly. Boosted will definitely take advantage of it, FBO does pick up some.

So we had some knock come back. I made some bigger changes to the ignition, we'll see how it goes.
Killarjp.SD.Rev06.fpcal
(22.96 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Killarjp

Post by Killarjp »

EFICU wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:43 pm Probably single digit HP increase. Of course going from 91 to more octane would help. Once you go boosted and stuff is when E85 shines. if you run full E85 in your car, the sending unit will corrode and you won't have a fuel level gauge anymore. Honestly, without an ethanol sensor capability I wouldn't recommend E85. You never really know if you're getting E85, E70, etc. It changes throughout the year. For your setup though, the gains would be marginal honestly. Boosted will definitely take advantage of it, FBO does pick up some.

So we had some knock come back. I made some bigger changes to the ignition, we'll see how it goes.

Killarjp.SD.Rev06.fpcal
On this one i did a pull from first gear just wanted to try it out. I forgot that launch control resets after each calibration
Attachments
datalog0007.fpdl
(5.06 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

What RPM do you want launch control at, I'll change it in my files so it's where you want it...
Killarjp

Post by Killarjp »

EFICU wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:53 pm What RPM do you want launch control at, I'll change it in my files so it's where you want it...
I normally have it around 3.6k or 3.7k
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay, I set it at 3700 for you. Had one true knock which I made adjustments for, the other two were random launch control and some other random one. Give this one a drive and we'll see how it looks.
Killarjp.SD.Rev07.fpcal
(23.04 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Killarjp

Post by Killarjp »

EFICU wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:06 pm Okay, I set it at 3700 for you. Had one true knock which I made adjustments for, the other two were random launch control and some other random one. Give this one a drive and we'll see how it looks.

Killarjp.SD.Rev07.fpcal

i made TWO datalogs i couldnt get the 4th gear pull on the first one. Also curious to know if im suppose to be doing the third gear pull and 4th gear pull on each one. I just dont want to mess up my engine also from all these pulls back to back you know
Attachments
datalog0005.fpdl
(166.7 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
datalog0004.fpdl
(4.01 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Gotcha, I understand. Thank you for letting me know, I don't want you to worry about your engine, that is why we're trying to get the knock out so you can have peace of mind. The fueling looks good, so no more pulls. Just drive it normal, the sensitive area seems to be your highway driving in 6th gear when you're doing 70mph or so. So no more WOT pulls, all the fuel looks good, just drive it normal now and try to do highway driving at 70mph or so in the datalogs so I can keep an eye on the knock. I think we should be good now, but we'll see.
Killarjp.SD.Rev08.fpcal
(23.04 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Killarjp

Post by Killarjp »

EFICU wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:54 pm Gotcha, I understand. Thank you for letting me know, I don't want you to worry about your engine, that is why we're trying to get the knock out so you can have peace of mind. The fueling looks good, so no more pulls. Just drive it normal, the sensitive area seems to be your highway driving in 6th gear when you're doing 70mph or so. So no more WOT pulls, all the fuel looks good, just drive it normal now and try to do highway driving at 70mph or so in the datalogs so I can keep an eye on the knock. I think we should be good now, but we'll see.
Killarjp.SD.Rev08.fpcal.
Alright hopefully everything is good. i had a quick questions aswell. Im going to buy the fuel pump and injectors pretty soon. i want to be prepared for when i get the turbo kit. any recommendation on what to get. Fuel pump i was looking to get the DW300c and injectors are the ID1050x? also when i do get them is it easy to adjust it on my hondata?
Attachments
datalog0006.fpdl
(4.67 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks good, no knock. Keep datalogging like that as you drive from day to day over the next week or so and either look over them to make sure there isn't any knock, or post the datalog so I can look it over if you want. You don't have to go out and make a datlaog, but if you go somewhere just datalog that drive and we'll see how it looks.

Seems like a reasonable choice for the fuel pump and injectors. Not sure how much boost you want to run, but the 1050's might be a little much, but would give you plenty of room for whatever you want to do on the stock internals. It would be fairly easy to clean up in Hondata, just getting accurate injector data into the file might be a little difficult. When the time comes, give me some heads up so we can try to find accurate data for the injectors. It might also need some cold start adjustments for fuel and stuff. I would honestly just wait til' you get the turbo kit to do the pump and injectors, otherwise is has to be tuned two more times. If you do it all at once then it only has to be tuned once more. I don't tune boosted applications, so you would need to find a dyno tuner near you to ensure you get the best tune possible.