2008 Si header exhaust hybrid racing cai

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

fast_gbody

2008 Si header exhaust hybrid racing cai

Post by fast_gbody »

Just got my flash pro and hybrid racing intake in today. I need a map based tune to run the hybrid racing till I can get it actually tuned. Does anyone have a good starting tune? Would like the lower vtec engagement and no lift shift also. Thanks in advance. I’ve used hp tuners so I’m not completely green
EFICU

Re: 2008 Si header exhaust hybrid racing cai

Post by EFICU »

I can help you with if you'd like. Are the parts already installed?

Are you planning to get dyno tuned soon, or hold off for a while?

I can help you with it if you'd like, just trying to gauge which route to take you depending on your schedule to get dyno tuned.
fast_gbody

Post by fast_gbody »

Sorry for the late reply, Car is back together and it is all installed. I want to get it safe to drive then look into getting it dyno tuned, I am located in Indiana so I will have to find someone to the tune
fast_gbody

Post by fast_gbody »

Im also open to data log and clean up also. Car is a 2008 Civic Si with K tuned 4-2-1- Header, stock cat, K tuned 3" Stainless exhaust from cat out the back and hybrid racing cold air intake. Debating J series throttle down the road but it currently doesnt have one, car is really just a driver every once in awhile
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

fast_gbody wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:03 pm Sorry for the late reply, Car is back together and it is all installed. I want to get it safe to drive then look into getting it dyno tuned, I am located in Indiana so I will have to find someone to the tune
No problem. Technically you don't need to get tuned after we're done if we do it the proper way. E-tunes will usually get you 90% of what a dyno tune would get you horsepower wise. Part throttle driving is usually better with an e-tune because the majority of tuners don't worry much about part throttle driving on the dyno, where an e-tune does, again if properly done. You mentioned getting tuned, so I was curious what your plan was. But yeah, the proper way of tuning would mean you don't need to get it dyno'd unless you want every last hp. With your setup, I'm sure you would be pretty happy with an e-tune honestly.
fast_gbody wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:05 pm Im also open to data log and clean up also. Car is a 2008 Civic Si with K tuned 4-2-1- Header, stock cat, K tuned 3" Stainless exhaust from cat out the back and hybrid racing cold air intake. Debating J series throttle down the road but it currently doesnt have one, car is really just a driver every once in awhile
Did you cut the stock cat out of its pipe and weld it in somewhere? It's not possible to have the stock cat pipe in there with a race header like the K-Tuned. Let me know a little more on that part of the setup. Maybe you have an aftermarket high flow cat in there you mean?

As far as throttle bodies, I would highly recommend watching Tuning by NIck's video on YouTube where he compares all the best options. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nygSNSHsN0E&t=317s

There are two ways to tune them, the proper way will usually take 10-12 revisions as we tune each cam angle individually. Then we blend everything out and to make it a complete tune and dial it in. There is a quicker way to do it, where we take a completed file from a car with similar mods and make the adjustments need for your car through a few datalogs. Generally 4-7 revisions for the short way. Totally up to you and how you want to do it. If you have any questions let me know.