'07 Civic Si Modded K20z3 Base Tune Needed

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

Wezzley

'07 Civic Si Modded K20z3 Base Tune Needed

Post by Wezzley »

Hello!

I'm a bit newer to FlashPro but am pretty tech savvy. I work as a master tech at an independent shop, and am familiar mainly with S and Z Chassis, but am helping my buddy revive his 07 Civic Si. I'm not quite familiar yet with adjusting parameters on tunes myself but am working on learning. Currently the car will start, but idle is all over the place and sometimes won't even hold idle. Just need to be able to run the car through the RPMS's around the block a few times to make sure everything is solid for a dyno session.

Here is a list of mods (91 Octane):

- CP 11.5 pistons
- 440cc RC Injectors
- ACL Bearings
- Toda A2 Cams
- Supertech Valvetrain
- Supertech Flat Valves
- RRC Intake Manifold
- Full Race 3" Exhaust
- Mugen Headgasket
- Mugen Thermostat
- Hybrid Racing Cold Air Intake
- OEM Fuel Pump, OEM Rods, OEM Spark Plugs

Any help is much appreciated to finally get this project moving along!
EFICU

Re: '07 Civic Si Modded K20z3 Base Tune Needed

Post by EFICU »

Can you post the calibration file you have in the car?

Is the file adjusted for the 440 injectors?

Do you have any datalogs of it idling you can post so we can see data?
Wezzley

Post by Wezzley »

I was told the current calibration was flashed back to OEM. I will grab some logging tomorrow evening.

I did confirm short term fuel trims are at around 48% at idle

Thanks for the response! Will report back with a log at idle (as well as current calibration)
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Wezzley wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:09 pm I was told the current calibration was flashed back to OEM. I will grab some logging tomorrow evening.

I did confirm short term fuel trims are at around 48% at idle

Thanks for the response! Will report back with a log at idle (as well as current calibration)
Sounds good. Yeah with the 440 injectors and the stock calibration there is room for error on the idle. 48% seems extreme, but anything is possible. Let us know tomorrow and we’ll try to help out. Us or the Hondata guys should be able to give you some direction.
Wezzley

Post by Wezzley »

Calibration ID: 37805-RRB-A140
Notes: FG2/FA5, CAI, Skunk2 header & catback.

It looks like the injectors have indeed been set to 440cc. Idle has been getting a bit smoother the more it runs. Still running insanely rich though

Hoping the attached worked okay. Still getting the hang of Flashpro. Datalog is from a cold start, I gave it a rev to 2k at one point.

Fuel trims are indeed way up there
Attachments
Datalog1.fpdl
(90.5 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay, without seeing the tune file itself I can't see a whole lot unfortunately. The fueling at idle could be way off in the table, but we can try something in the mean time. That tune file you mention is for stock injectors, so someone might have gone in and changed it to 440's and maybe didn't change injectors times?? The RRC manifold could be part of the issue, but your tuner should be able to dial all that in. We should be able to get it running pretty good though.

Give this file a try and see how it looks. I zero'd out cam angle map and stuff just so we know it's not fluctuating and all that. I added the 440 RC injector dead times from another Hondata base file. So this should give us a starting point. Make another datalog just like you did and we'll see how it looks. If this does get better, I can make the adjustments and then we'll go from there. If it does get better, we'll have you drive it around at part throttle to try and get the fueling better for driving as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Wezzley.SD.Rev01 (0Cam)(Idle Test).fpcal
(22.53 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Wezzley

Post by Wezzley »

Awesome, I appreciate the starting point. I'll give it a go tomorrow evening and report back.

Thank you!
Wezzley

Post by Wezzley »

The adjustments you made cleaned it up significantly. The fuel trims are way better, A/F is around 14.5, idle is smooth. Attached the datalog again from cold start.

Flashpro is super user friendly, very happy with it. Thank you so much for taking the time to look at these datalogs and make some adjustments. Let me know if there is any other adjustments you think should be made, or if this is fine for running through the RPM's around the block.
Attachments
WezzleyIdle2.fpdl
(115.97 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Wow, that did make a huge difference. It looks like they may have entered 440 injectors into the injector field of your file, but didn't change the injector times. But yeah, either way it's really close.

Throw this new file in it. I pulled about 12% at idle which is where it looks like it warmed up to. I also pulled some fuel out of it in the part throttle areas so you can drive and see. Yeah take it for a 10 minute drive or so and post up the datalog from that drive. If we are that close at idle, I don't see any issues with you driving it. And even if the trims are high on your drive, we can clean them up quickly. So yeah, take it for a 10 minute drive and then post up the datalog Throw this new file in though so we can work on the idle some.

Glad it's working out good though!
Wezzley.SD.Rev02 (0Cam).fpcal
(22.63 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Forgot to mention, don’t do any full throttle pulls yet. Just keep it normal part throttle stuff for now. Not sure you want to do any full throttle stuff until you get it dyno tuned anyways, just saying.
Wezzley

Post by Wezzley »

Okay will do.

I think this is all I needed, very thankful for your help. I'm working on a few other small things with the car before I take it for a spin (it's a side project, so a bit slow moving).

I'll still post the datalog after a drive, but it won't be until probably the weekend
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good, glad I could help out.