On/Off Sensors on Displays

Place your display templates here with a screen shot of it for previewing.
Floppie

On/Off Sensors on Displays

Post by Floppie »

Wanted to request a feature for the next version of KManager. Adding the capability to display the "value" on "sensors" whose potential values are only On/Off - RVSLCK, BKSW, ACSW, ACCL, VTP, VTS, etc etc etc. In particular, it'd be cool to be able to set an image to display when they're set to on, and not display it when they're set to off.

As a software developer I'd be more than happy to code it myself if the guys at Hondata so desire - it'd be very great to be able to add these to a gauge cluster style display in a dash-mounted carputer.
Floppie

Post by Floppie »

Any chance of getting this implemented?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I can't determine what you are asking for - do you mean a new display type for the display window? If so, it may be something that we will add in the future.
Hondata
Floppie

Post by Floppie »

I don't think a completely new type is necessary - but really it's up to the programmer(s) on how to implement it; whatever's easiest, or for that matter whatever floats their boat.

Here's how I envisioned it working, for what it's worth.

First of all there's the basic Value control - expand its list of possible sensors to include the boolean ones, and display the sensor's value. Simple enough I'd imagine :)

Then there's the more complicated idea. The way I would do it would be to add functionality to the Image control to allow you to link it to a boolean sensor - if the sensor is set to on, display the image; if not, don't.

This could also be set up to display the image for numerical sensors if the value is above/below a certain threshold; while certainly a cool feature, I can only think of a couple practical purposes - shift, lean, and boost cut indicators.

The specific purposes that I want this for are to add little VTEC, A/C, and CEL indicators to my dash carputer. Also one for the radiator fan if that sensor indicates properly.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Download the SManager beta.
Hondata
Floppie

Post by Floppie »

Nice - you guys win forever :)

I picked up a Hondata license plate mount secondhand at the Englishtown, NJ swap meet on Saturday - and things like this are the reason I have no problem advertising for you guys =p