Trouble With AEM UEGO

ROM Editor 4 tuning software questions and answers.
spoolind16

Trouble With AEM UEGO

Post by spoolind16 »

I've been searching around this forum and found that the best place to take the power for a wideband is from the fuse panel. My question is: Why not take it off the ECU power and ground from the 'A' connector. This is what I did but I fear that its messing with my wideband readings.

It seems the richer the the car gets the more inaccurate the datalog (via hondata) is. At idle the gauge and hondata are only .2 afr off (which I figured was acceptable). I'm using a -.75 voltage offset and 0.00 volts=10.0 afr and 4.25 volts=18.5 afr per AEM's instructions. However the display on the gauge almost always reads lower than the datalog. Any idea why this is happening or any insight into the issue would be great.

Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We do not recommend the use of the AEM UEGO, as many people find it to be innacurate. Also our instructions specifically say that you should not get power and ground from the ecu wires. Always use the fusebox as your power source and a good solid chassis ground.
spoolind16

Post by spoolind16 »

I seem to have gotten my AEM UEGO to work better now. FYI for those of you running one of these gauges. What I noticed is when I riched the car up to the gauge's max reading of 10.0:1 afr the output from the white wire (analog) read 1.54 volts instead of what the AEM manual said (0.00). Below are my settings, note that you still might need to change the voltage offset

Voltage offset: .1

Conversion Table:
Volts | AFR
------------------
1.54 | 10.0
4.25 | 18.5

This should probably work for Kmanager as well. I'm posting this because I know how frustrating getting the UEGO to read properly can be! Hope this helps.