H23a Vtec Basemap and Final Tune

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
mishakol129

Re: H23a Vtec Basemap and Final Tune

Post by mishakol129 »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:24 am Have you removed the resistors listed at: http://www.hondata.com/help/smanager/wi ... b=wideband
I did the open air calibration and its working now. Praise God
mishakol129

Post by mishakol129 »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:24 am Have you removed the resistors listed at: http://www.hondata.com/help/smanager/wi ... b=wideband
I went for a short drive and recorded the results. I am really short sighted though with this. The wideband was doing great but it would sometimes go to 22.4 for a few seconds. Here are the recorded maps for some of the tables:

This is a table of recommended changes. I tried to change them but it didn't do anything, the numbers still were either "+" or "-"

This is my wideband settings. Im not sure if its set up right. I should know i'm sure.

More wideband settings. Its confusing.

Im not sure if this needs to be set or not its another wideband setting. I have the Innovate MX-l not the one listed here.

I still think I might want to have my ignition timing done, that is surely important. If you guys can point me in the right direction it would be a big help and I would be very happy. I know people pay to help them do this but any help would be good.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It will read fully lean upon deceleration and when the throttle is closed and not idling.
mishakol129

Post by mishakol129 »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:47 pm It will read fully lean upon deceleration and when the throttle is closed and not idling.
Oh. That's good to know. So how do I get the maps right? Hate to ask. And would you run a cat or a test pipe? My fuel pressure is 35psi at idle is that good? In what way does fuel pressure effect the tune? Maybe I need to buy a adjustable one I dont know. Is that stupid? I'm not trying to overlook anything
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would recommend discussing this with a tuner as they will be able to best answer this based on your setup and goals.
mishakol129

Post by mishakol129 »

Spunkster wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:51 am I would recommend discussing this with a tuner as they will be able to best answer this based on your setup and goals.

I know of one he does street tunes, he wanted me to leave my car for him to tune it. I cannot do that tho cuz I have no ride back to my house. Its a 40 minute drive.

So you can't help just a little? My goals aren't that much maybe 220 WHP. I just to make the AFR to be where Hondata suggests them. Im not sure how to adjust the maps yet.
mishakol129

Post by mishakol129 »

Spunkster wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:51 am I would recommend discussing this with a tuner as they will be able to best answer this based on your setup and goals.
I set it up with closed loop (target lambda) for now, also I changed the voltage offset to where its accurate with my wideband gauge. Car seems a lot more responsive. I'm gonna eventually see if i can get a tune from a professional, but im happy with how it is for the time being. It seems as if in closed loop mode its doing a good job at finding the proper air fuel mixture. I mean its raining and my car can't find traction at all and i can just see the power on my speedo the needle moves really fast now.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Lost track of this thread. How’s the car running?

-Ed