b18b turbo question

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
Lhrocks

b18b turbo question

Post by Lhrocks »

is there a rule of thumb on timing. i got the whole concept of ideal Air Fuel Ratios down.

but my question is about timing. getting a lot of general data about 16+ degrees idle area. seems a lot of posted base maps are around or under 40 degrees cruising light load throughout the RPM. but what do people like to start at 0 vacuum throughout the rpm range over 2500-4000rpm for ignition?

i have heard rule of thump drop 1 degree of timing for each psi of boost.

but how low can you go at ten PSI pump gas? ignition*

my set up:
89 crx si
B18b disco potato eBay turbo 50 or 60 trim.
skunk to intake 70mm throttle body
skunk2 fuel rail RC 750
s300 v1
2.5inch full exhaust.

last set up was b18a, RC750, 13g eclipes turbo, on e85, delta cams, arp studs, forged rods and pistons. <19psi cracked a sleeve after a year and a half baking second and third in the wet. burned some bridges with the homie street tuning. so researching it on my own now.

i can post a couple maps from 2+ years ago on crome if interested.

hypothetically I want to be able to drive it from Washington to California.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: b18b turbo question

Post by Spunkster »

You really should use a dyno to properly tune ignition timing as that is the only way to measure the effect on power and know when the timing is safe, or too aggressive. You can have good power and increase timing too much so that it is on the raged edge, but reducing the timing may not loose any power but be much safer.