B16a2 map help needed thanks in advance

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
Hotrodnyc

B16a2 map help needed thanks in advance

Post by Hotrodnyc »

Hi everyone and greetings from Germany. I am very far from a tuner and Dyno, this is why I find myself here asking for help. I have a Honda ek4 b16a2 with
injet CAI
skunk2 pro intake manifold
4-2-1 headers
2.25 invidia exhaust
7lb FW
Lightweight pulleys

I am currently only able to get the car moving but driving with less power. And the vtec feels like it isn't coming on. If I get a wideband would this help me out. I also need help with tuning, where can I go to be able to understand the s300 better. I have searched online and come up with the same stuff. Maybe I don't know the key words to search for. Keep in mind I just have it for a month. Thanks for taking time to help me.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: B16a2 map help needed thanks in advance

Post by Spunkster »

To be able to read the AF properly you will need to have a wideband.

I would suggest reading the tuning guide at: https://www.hondata.com/tech-s100-s200-s300

You should also read the help file for the s300: http://www.hondata.com/help/smanager/tu ... ehicle.htm
Hotrodnyc

Post by Hotrodnyc »

Greetings Spunkster and thanks for the links. I have read the links and managed to find a map that works. I am getting a error code 8 TDC sensor now but the car is driving extremely good. I am now in the process of looking into the distributer and try and see if it is maybe damaged. I found many posts these past few days and following your answers I will try everything on the site that referenced the TDC Error and try to figure out what is causing the problem. I would like to thank you for the quick response and great links. Lastly what a/f gauge would you recommend?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would recommend the PLX devices widebands.
Hotrodnyc

Post by Hotrodnyc »

just a update. i found out why the code 8 was being thrown. the ecu conversion harness had two wires in the incorect spot. i used another conversion harness and the vtec opened up no problem. thanks for the help my next step is to purchase the wideband and go from there.