Looking for help tuning d16y8!!

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
taluai

Looking for help tuning d16y8!!

Post by taluai »

Hello to all on Hondata. I am very new to tuning and hondata. I love cars and am trying to further my knowledge of cars. I have a 2000 Civic EX with the typical D16Y8 SOHC VTEC engine in it. I am trying to find a good starting point to tuning my car. Many have said to start with the z6 map because of the lack of an actual y8 map. Many also say that there is a rather large timing difference between the two engines. I will have a professional tuner work his magic once i turbo it but at the moment i would like to experiment with tuning and to learn something. So my million dollar question, or 20 cent question if it has been shown before, would someone be kind enough to either post a y8 map for me to work off of, or can someone explain to me how to set the generic p28 map to be sufficient to drive to the tuner, which is about 30 miles away. I WILL NOT be driving the car hard to the tuner, but at this point.. trailering my car isnt an option.

Thanks again to all who may see this and might be willing to lend a helping hand. Seriously, any help is appreciated greatly, whether it be y8 basemaps, advice on converting p28 map to run decent enough to drive. Even help on using the program itself.

-Taluai
keto06

Re: Looking for help tuning d16y8!!

Post by keto06 »

07 Civic Si Sedan (sold)
17 Civic Si Sedan (daily)
02 RSX Type S (project)
Hit me up for free Hondata Help!
keveneleven

Post by keveneleven »

Are you still offering free help???
keveneleven

Post by keveneleven »

Here is a very good starting point for most d16y8's. I did just notice that the gear ratio is set for 3.722 when it should be 4.250(they are in the menu in Smanager).
D16y8 Tuned.skl
(41.25 KiB) Downloaded 1100 times