Basemap Needed: 1.93L sleeved W/ Toda Spec C cams

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
ITR1102

Basemap Needed: 1.93L sleeved W/ Toda Spec C cams

Post by ITR1102 »

I am looking for a basemap, or something that I can tweak to get me started. I would especially like to know what the timing curves look like for the Toda Spec C cams on an 84mm 11.5:1 1.93L block (or similar). I don't have a dyno dynamics around here anymore, so part throttle timing tuning will be a little more difficult as I can't measure torque output at part throttle. Is the best bet to start with an ITR basemap and tune it from there? Or does someone have something that better resembles the flow of these cams?

Engine Specs:

Benson Block 84mm 11.5:1 CP Pistons
ITR Crank
ITR head (back cut intake valves)
Suptertech springs, retainers, seals, guides, keepers
Toda Spec C Cams
RC 370cc injectors

K&N filter with velocity stack
SMSP 1.9L header
SMSP back piping
Hytech Twin Loop muffler

PLX M-300
Monnoracing

Re: Basemap Needed: 1.93L sleeved W/ Toda Spec C cams

Post by Monnoracing »

I tried my hand at gettting you started. I altered the ignition in the areas I believe the new cams to make power. I dont know what you want to rev the engine to but I set it up for 9200. I did use a ITR setup since the onoy thing that changed was the bore size. You will most likely have to change the fuel.
Attachments
84bensontoda.skl
(41.39 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
ITR1102

Post by ITR1102 »

I took the timing that you used on the VTEC lobe and used the basemap fuel. Then applied the fuel multiplier calculated from engine size. I also edited the RPM break points, removing all of the low RPMs from the high cam table. Other changes to the parameters were made such as raising the vtec RPM and actually disabling it for the time being (this is a brand new motor that hasn't even started up yet).

I have attached what I came up with. Anybody have input?
Attachments
7 VTEC Rev Limits Notes.skl
(40.19 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
Monnoracing

Post by Monnoracing »

You did everything I do for my own tunes. let us know how it goes.