hitting boost cut... with boost cut option _disabled_

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
servion

hitting boost cut... with boost cut option _disabled_

Post by servion »

I've got a 2bd system on a p30 running my turbo GSR setup.

I am hitting boost cut when I reach 20psi... its definitely boost cut (its like I let off the gas pedal). My friend has a 4b, and we loaded the program off of the chip in my ecu, and the boost cut option is disabled.

Why would I hit boost cut if boost-cut is disabled?

Another (possibly related) issue: when I was driving home from the track, my rev-limiter dropped from 8k to 6k. I could floor it in neutral and the rev-limiter would kick-in at 6. When I finally got to a prking lot, I flooerd it and rev-limiter dropped to 3k. After leaving my car and coming back, redline was back up to 8k. I have the 2bd, so I don't have the 2-step. I don't have the red set button plugged into the blue box... the only thing plugged into the blue box is the ribbon cable going to the ecu.

Why would my redline drop from 8k to 6k to 3k, and then go back to 8k after restarting the car?

EDIT: 3bar GM map sensor is being used. Also, the car worked perfect 2-3 weeks ago... just recently this has started happening (and no changes have been made to the car since it worked great)
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Flooring a car in nuetral is not a good idea. It sounds lik eyou may have some mechanical problem, or wiring issue. The chip will not change itself without you taking it out and reburning it.
servion

Post by servion »

Fooring it in neutral (at least, flooring it while its not in gear/clutch is in) is exactly what you do when you're using the 2-step at the drag strip. I had my buddy's 2-step hooked up (from his 4b) for a while a long time ago, and it was behaving exactly like that: a 2-step rev-limit.

The wiring has not changed at all since it the car was working perfectly... the car just magically has gotten an 2-step with the 2bd, without a clutch switch hooked up..... :shock:
servion

Post by servion »

WEll, after talking to someone at hondata, I tried out a friend's 4b blue box. I also burnt the same program (with boost cut disabled) on a whole different chip.

Worked fine for about 15 minutes, then boost cut started kicking ing. Any ideas? I'm trying so hard to hit that 11 sec timeslip before the end of the season, but this isn't helping at all! I've already missed 2 races because of this :cry:
devilz

Post by devilz »

Yo dude, sounds like the same sorta problem i've been having, just seems to randomly set a rev cut at about 3000rpm, (hasnt happened for the last couple of days though, but was real bad last week, every 20 mins or so it would happen)

I dont have the launch control option, but sometimes during driving the check light would come on, and as soon as I hit boost the engine just dies... take my foot off and comes back to life and the check light will turn off after about 10/15 seconds, then I can boost fine, but then it might come back again, real flakey...

Did you ever find out what the problem was for you??
H22A Turbo Prelude
servion

Post by servion »

Sorry man.. I never did figure it out. I thought it might have been the boost controller telling the wastegate to open, but that wasn't it. I thought it might habve been a weird freakish-problem with the wastedate, but that wasn't it. I know it was boost cut... but I could not for the life of me get it to go away. That was pretty much the final straw... I have the motor out now and I'm tearing it down this week. I'm starting from the bottom up... with a new turbo, intercooler, sleeves and ems. :(
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This sounds exactly like a wiring issue or a bad map sensor or a combination of the 2.
servion

Post by servion »

In my case, I did not change any wiring whatsoever when it started happening. I have a GM 3bar, and it had also been there for quite some time before the problem started occuring
devilz

Post by devilz »

yea same here, nothing chagned in the car apart from pulling off and putting back the distributor cap and spark plug leads, then it just started happening,
done data logging and the map sensor seems fine, no unusual readings.. just kept on cutting engine power when boost came on.. also the revlimit light came on when that happened under datalogging (does revlimit activate when boost cut kicks in? never tried settings a low boost cut and seeing what happens...)

but funny how the check light came on and there was no error code under the datalogger app..
H22A Turbo Prelude
fox30

Post by fox30 »

I heard there are like 6 different kinds of GM 3bar sensors. Like 4 are not to be used with hondata one is troublesome and another is ok. I had problems with them and bought a MoTeC Map Sensor, hooked it up and perrfect readings evertime. I think your map sensor is wigged.. hook up the hondalogger and read the graphs to see whats going on. The rev limiter I think is your hondata box. Toss that and get a S200. Then again, it could be something else as always like a bad fuel pump relay or wiring to the ignition or pump itsef

Good luck man
96 GSR / B18C1 Built / AEBS T-Sleeves /~~/
No stickers / no nice rims / 10.4 seconds
other hobbies: PC gaming, Half-Life, Linux Administration, MotocrossKX250, kissing big tities