New to Hondata, have questions.

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
MonopolyMan

New to Hondata, have questions.

Post by MonopolyMan »

I picked up a P28 with a hondata S100 on it a few months ago. I'm using it on an Accord with an F23A1 swap converted to OBD1. I've got Romeditor 4 but I'm unable to program the chip with my Moates Burn1 chip burner using flash and burn. Maybe I'm missing something but I haven't been able to program a single chip with a hondata map on it.

On a site note, I'm a small town Crome tuner and since I couldn't get a Hondata map to burn, I burned a Crome map and threw it into the ECU to see if it would run. Turns out it runs great with the Crome map even though the S100 is installed. That was quite surprising to me and I'm wondering what all the actual S100 chip installed in the 4pin datalogging port does?

So anyway, my main question is, do I need to use Romeditor V3 to program my hondata map onto the chip?

Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You must purchase Romeditor 4 for it to work. Since you have a s100 you cannot purchase Romeditor. If you wish to be able to tune yourself, you will need to upgrade to the s300. http://www.hondata.com/s300upgradeform.html
Last edited by Spunkster on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
MonopolyMan

Post by MonopolyMan »

Thanks for your reply, I'm still kind of confused why RomEditor V3 wont work though? What version of Hondata was the S100 originally released with?