Determine which cell to adjust that is being traced????

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
ITR 1102

Determine which cell to adjust that is being traced????

Post by ITR 1102 »

I know the basic concepts already. Really, the only thing that I have not found a clear explaination on is which cells to change while tuning partial throttle. Here is an example.

Say I need to start fresh and tune all the load columns.
I do idle first... Most of the time it is idling in colums 1/2, and sometimes 2/3.

Anyway, when the cells are being traced, there are 4 which are shown in red... To adjust the air / fuel, do you select all four of the cells and adjust them all, or do you adjust only one of them. I ask this because as you move to higher manifold pressures to adjust, if you had adjusted all four cells previously, you would once again be changing 2 of those same cells for the next load range. Can someone help me with this please?

For example: Say that while while datalogging, the 4 cells below are highlighted. Do I make changes only to one cell, or select them all? I will need to make changes to the whole map, and will be tuning for boost as well. I just need to clarify the order of making adjustments to the cells.

Thank You
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It is mainly reading from the upper left cell, and is interpolating from the others. It is best to only modify one cell at a time or entire rows to keep things smooth.