B16b Hondata S200 CEL ON

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
marlborocars

Post by marlborocars »

Only if you use a V3 bin
japerformance

Post by japerformance »

spunkster, in the software for the s200 there is no setting to set a shift light, when datalogged there is no error codes that come up in hondalogger so all sensors are workign fine and car runs fine. i have tried burnign a new rom onto a new chip and installed. the light also remains on while romulator is connected. i will try using a base map to load on the car and see if the tuned file has a corrupted sector in it or something unless you have seen this before to make some suggestions

spunkster is you have an email i can send you the file and you can have a lookie over it for this setting of shiftlight as i cant seem to find it on my version of software.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The shiftlight is set in Hondalogger while datalogging. It is not part of the bin file.
japerformance

Post by japerformance »

yeah cool that shift light setting in honda logger is fine you had me going for a sec thought i missed something in the bin file lol i was looking everywhere for a shift light setting in the bin file and could find jack lol
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Was the bin created with Romeditor 3 or 4?
japerformance

Post by japerformance »

rom editor 3.6.4 is what i used
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

post the bin file
japerformance

Post by japerformance »

i have attached the bin file but zero'd all the tables but all the other settings are the same as the rom in the car.
Attachments
lee blank tables.bin
blank tables
(32 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Don't blank anything or make changes. Please post the file you are having problems with so it can be tested
japerformance

Post by japerformance »

ok i have replaced the ecu with a seal totally un molested p28 ecu new chip new wiring new everything except the s200 itself. i then used my own dealer s200 to set up the car to pass an emmisions test and walla the engine light went out with no eror codes showing.

once i stuck in the customers original s200 after burning the rom the engine light comes on after start up but no error codes stored hhhmmm put back my dealer s200 and presto the engine light doenst come on , put in the customers s200 and it comes on so i traced it to a faulty s200 by the looks of it.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Is the light on the interface box flashing or solid? Are there any rev limits? Have you tried the reset procedure listed in the user's guide?
japerformance

Post by japerformance »

the light on the interface box is solid, the only rev limit is the one i have set 9250 rpm , like i have said when using my s200 it is fine.

regards

simon
japerformance

Post by japerformance »

i must have the wrong user guide as i cant find this reset procedure can you point me in the right direction please.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »