shiftlight broke

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
grog

shiftlight broke

Post by grog »

my led shiftlight stoped working, it was bent around one time too many. i need to buy a replacement led or can anybody tell me what kind of 5mm led to look for. also is the resister necesary? and if so is it on the positive or negative?
91 civic jdm GSR swap
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Information on installing an LED can be found in the installation manual found at http://www.hondata.com/downloads/s200%2 ... manual.doc
grog

Post by grog »

my shiftlight was working fine, now it is not. it has been bent around alot due to taking the cluster apart many times. i have removed and tested the light and the led is not working.
I require a new led. but i cant find any info on what to get.
i dont need help with instalation, is been in and working for a couple years, then I busted it last week.

now the question i have is can you sell a single led, or can you tell me which 5mm led and resister to purchase?

i had my local autoparts store contact somebody at hondata and they said they would not sell them individualy.
If thats the case please help me find one, as i know very little about LEDs.

please help
91 civic jdm GSR swap
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The information on the type of LED is in the installation manual. Look on page 12. Somethign close to that should work as long as a resistor is used with it. If you are still usure what it is you need, then you will need to contact someone more knowledgeable with electronic parts to help you.