Installing launch control

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
jdubscivic

Installing launch control

Post by jdubscivic »

I know this has been brought up a lot but I still have a couple of questions. So I have a 93 civic ex with cruise control and hondata s200. I was just wondering if I could use the clutch switch that is already on my car from the cruise control? If so does it matter which way you hook up the wires from the switch to the blue hondata box? And after that, is that all I have to do to have it hooked up besides the red push button to set the rpms? So if I do all of that and the wires are cut from the clutch switch and they are ran to the hondata box would my cruise control still work but just not shut off when the clutch is pushed in, or would the cruise control just not work at all?

Jago

Post by Jago »

if you splice the clutch switch wires into each side of the factory switch. It should probably work fine

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

With the s200 you cannot use the clutch switch as it opperates in the opposite way it needs to for luanch control to work. If you try to use this switch you will end up with a car that revlimits while driving and not when launching. You must use the part number listed at http://www.hondata.com/featureslaunch.html

Jago

Post by Jago »

just tring to help a guy out no one else was

jdubscivic

Post by jdubscivic »

Yeah, sorry I just thought of that last night after I posted, I kinda figured that it would engage only with the clutch up because the switch worked backwards from what I would need for the launch control. So if I get that other switch does it matter which way the wires go to the hondata box? And as I asked before is that all you have to do besides the red button? And also since the clutch switch for the cruise control would be disconnected would the cruise control still work but just not shut off with the clutch or would it just not work at all? Thanks for everyones help.

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

there is no polarity on the switch

jdubscivic

Post by jdubscivic »

So is that all I have to do or is there more to it? And what about the cruise control deal? Thanks again

jdubscivic

Post by jdubscivic »

Nevermind about the cruise control deal, I think I figured that one out because if the switch is not in place it would tell the cruise control that the clutch is always pushed in, so the cruise control would never be able to engage unless I cut the switch off and just connected the two wires together then the cruise control would still be able to be used. But the catch is that the clutch would never be able to disengage the cruise control but you still have the gas pedal, brake pedal, and the cruise control button to make it disengage. But I still need to know if all you have to do to hook up the launch control is to put the new switch in, wire it to the blue hondata box, plug in the red push button to set the rpms, and then are you ready to go or is there more to it than that?

jdubscivic

Post by jdubscivic »

Nevermind got every thing to work right.