Need some opinions

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
95turbogsr

Need some opinions

Post by 95turbogsr »

Alright i live in Alaska for now and im building a turbo gsr and ive been searching for ecu programs to run i found uberdata but it looks like it has problems and i wont tune in my car on the fly not having to stop go home and burn and so on, there is crome but i heard so so things about as well and then theres hondata heard nothing but good things but pricy$$ so i want to know if its worth spending the loot so i can tune myself with hondata since there are no tuners in alaska and i dont want to waste time and money with uberdata trying to get it to work on live tuning sorry for the long post but im at a crossroads right now and desperatly seeking some help thanks
Alaska Sux!
DaX

Post by DaX »

First you need to determine what you have, what you want, and how much money you're willing to spend to get it.

Are you OBD-0, OBD-1, OBD-2, or K-series?
95turbogsr

Post by 95turbogsr »

Money is realy no option as long i have no problems and it will do wat i want i read too many problems with crome and uberdata when it comes to live tuning and such i got a 95 gsr so im obd1 and im building a new setup for the motor, im just trying to figure out if hondata is worth the money im going to have to spend so i can tune myself cuz up here in alaska there arnt any tuners
Alaska Sux!
EGHATCH

Post by EGHATCH »

first of all, ive heard racing groups in alaska that do ecu tuning...anyways..

i use crome for my friends who cant afford hondata. i use hondata for myself and my other friends who can afford the extra 250$... $$$ aside, i prefer hondata. no bugs. easy to datalog. easy to use.

u just need a wideband, a programmer. a laptop and rom editor. at least..

romulator would be a big help though.
you wont learn until you actually do it.
95turbogsr

Post by 95turbogsr »

well im up in fairbanks i havent heard anything but 8 hours away in anchorage there might be well thanks for the help i want the simplest thing to use hondata looks good thanks
Alaska Sux!