Hondata Log - Knock Sensor

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
ExiledinIN

Hondata Log - Knock Sensor

Post by ExiledinIN »

I recently purchased a Hondata S200 system with a dyno tune on my EG B18C. Today was the first chance to take it to the track. I went 1 Sec. slower than I had gone last Sept. Below is the HondaLogger file of that run. It seems that the Ignition Knock retard while idling is .25? (Lambda 0.60). When running down the track, the Ignition Knock retard is going from 4? to 6? (Lambda 0.60 to 0.61).

http://home.comcast.net/~ExiledinIN/Forum/15_738.rec

Assuming that the tune was done correctly, what would cause the .25? Ignition Knock Retard as well as the 4? to 6? during full throttle? Also, should there be more fluctuations in the Lambda value? If so, is this a sign of a bad O2 sensor?

I would appreciate if someone can help as it is frustrating me right now.
RMS

Post by RMS »

looks VERY lean. at wot you should see o2 voltage around .8V from the stock o2 sensor. yes that can contribute to knock, too.
RaVer Motorsports (559) 733-4711
ravermotorsports@earthlink.net
ExiledinIN

Post by ExiledinIN »

Do you see why there is ignition knock retard at idle?
ExiledinIN

Post by ExiledinIN »

I just wanted to bring this up again before I spend money to replace the O2 sensor.

Shouldn't there be more voltage range on the O2 sensor? Is this an indication that the 02 sensor is bad? On my swap, I had to extend the wires on the O2 sensor...

Is there any way to do some troubleshooting on the O2 sensor?
DaX

Post by DaX »

When extending the wires, did you use a shielded wire for the o2 signal?
ExiledinIN

Post by ExiledinIN »

Nope, I just used regular xlpe cable. Do I need special EMI shielded cabling?
ExiledinIN

Post by ExiledinIN »

So, can anyone comment about the timing map? I went to an authorized Hondata dealer, so I would assume that the timing was right, but seeing the advance go up to 40? seems high.