Starting issues with hondata (S200b prelude)

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
Paluce

Starting issues with hondata (S200b prelude)

Post by Paluce »

I've had this problem for about a year now and i really want to solve it. WHen the car sits for a couple hours, and i start it, it wants to stall. I need to stay on the gas for a min then it will Idle. It does this more when it's hot outside. and only does it after ive drivin the car and let it sit an hour or two or three. If the car sits over night, it starts fine everytime, hot or cold outside. Also, if I shut the car off and start it back up, it will always start fine and give me no initial idle problems. When this does happen and i let the car idle or i drive it for a min, the car is fine for the rest of the drive wether it's 15min or 4 hours...

Any ideas?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

There was a problem, fixed well over a year ago, where the car would stall once the intake air temp reached 150 degrees. The cure was to either update the ROM or unplug the purge valve (worked for most cars).
Hondata
shinociv

Post by shinociv »

Are you running open or closed loop O2?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What injectors are you using?
Paluce

Post by Paluce »

1) what's the purge valve, and where is it? That sounds like the problem... after the car runs for a bit, the intake temps should drop because of the fresh intake air...

2) closed loop at cruse, and open loop at high throttle positions. I didn't know their was anything else...?

3) RC440 injectors
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

On a prelude I'm not sure where exactly the purge valve is. You may need to refer to a Helms manual or contact your nearest dealer.
shinociv

Post by shinociv »

What O2 numbers are you seeing when you car is doing this?