New S200b in P72J ECU - inop! Advise?

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
Zoomie

New S200b in P72J ECU - inop! Advise?

Post by Zoomie »

Hello all.

After following Hondata's development for years (since they were in NZ), I finally got my own system. I have a JDM B18C from an Integra SiR-G, Jackson Racing Supercharger with Endyn stepper pulley, and the corresponding ECU for the engine (with the shorter ECU case and surface-mount technology - P72J).

I bought my S200b from Payn Tech and had them chip the ECU and provide their version of the JR "big boost" program. Installed RC440s and set everything else back to stock. Plugged in the computer and interface box - flashing red LED, solid Check Light, and car runs like an old muscle car with a lumpy cam (i.e. idles like crap! - obviously because the limp mode is expecting stock injectors).

I called Payn and they said to disconnect the J4 resistor. Tried that; no change. Tried holding the set button while starting, to reset the interface box: no change. Finally, re-installed the J4 resistor, removed the J1 jumper, re-installed the stock injectors, and bypassed the JRSC. Car runs as normal as it used to before the Hondata.

Payn says that there's a problem with the ECU because of the surface mount tech, but Hondata says that a P72J is fine to use.

Any advise? TIA
shinociv

Post by shinociv »

I use a JDM P72 and it works fine.

I would look over Payn Tech's installation of the Hondata chips, the JDM ECU's with the surface mount tech have a smaller 74HC373 chip they may have some points touching.

Did Payn Tech tell you they tested it before they sent it back to you?
Zoomie

Post by Zoomie »

shinociv wrote: Did Payn Tech tell you they tested it before they sent it back to you?
This is one thing that really pisses me off -- I'm VERY sure that they didn't.(and it took them a week to do the install...)
I called them as soon as I found that the ECU was FUBAR. They suggested that the JDM ECU was to blaim, but called me back later and said to remove the J4 resistor. Did that; no change.

Since I couldn't wait, I re-installed J4 and removed J1. Car's running fine on the stock program so I'm sure the ECU is fine. Only thing that could be wrong is the install or the EPROM program.

I'm waiting to hear back from them.

shinociv: where did you get your's installed?
shinociv

Post by shinociv »

I got my all my Hondata stuff from http://www.locashracing.com including installation. They don't list any Hondata equipment on the their website (except the manifold gaskets) but they didn't list it back when I bought my setup either. They are also on Hondata's list of dealers.