A few Qs for the Hondata guys

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
Carchitect

A few Qs for the Hondata guys

Post by Carchitect »

Could it be possible for the next Hondata Hondalogger or Romeditor 3.x release to incorporate a function to enable the check engine light to flash during knock detection ? I know the K-pro has it but how about the B-series?

Also in the S200 Romeditor software there is a nitrous fuel enrichment and ignition retard compensation feature. Can I use this feature to help inject a 50/50 mix of distilled water and methanol into the engine ?
Would I need to add negative values since the methanol is a fuel and the ignition timing will require some advance rather than retard compensation? The K-pro has the ability to do so this way as in your video training seminar. I'm just simply unsure if the romeditor may see a negative number as a problem.

Thanks for in advance for all the help.

BTW, accomplishing 425 WHP on a stock block B18C5 was awesome with 1000cc injectors and Hondata. We are having a custom exhaust manifold and plan on hitting 500 WHP on a stock block B18C5 !! This time more fine tuning.

Joe Hussain
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want
08 IS350 Sport Package, Levinson, Nav, Radar cruise.
94 JZA80 6speed undergoing major weight reduction AKA 911 GT2 killer.
90 DA9 B18C5 retired auto-Xer
DaX

Post by DaX »

Not sure about the answers, but congratulations on some great numbers.
DIRep972

Re: A few Qs for the Hondata guys

Post by DIRep972 »

Carchitect wrote:Could it be possible for the next Hondata Hondalogger or Romeditor 3.x release to incorporate a function to enable the check engine light to flash during knock detection ?
Yeh that would be a really nice feature. Would come in handy for many if they have there car tuned and the weather changes, or they go to a different altitude and the tune is no longer optimal. if the user is educated on the CEL flash then when he sees it he could just stop boosting and go to the nearest hondata tuner and have it retuned.. possibly saving them a pretty penny.
Carchitect wrote:I know the K-pro has it but how about the B-series?BTW, accomplishing 425 WHP on a stock block B18C5 was awesome with 1000cc injectors and Hondata. We are having a custom exhaust manifold and plan on hitting 500 WHP on a stock block B18C5 !! This time more fine tuning.
Nice job on achieving those #'s w/ a stock B18c5 bottem end. Was this done w/ a thicker headgasket?
Carchitect

Post by Carchitect »

Well. Moderators? anyone?

Joe H.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want
08 IS350 Sport Package, Levinson, Nav, Radar cruise.
94 JZA80 6speed undergoing major weight reduction AKA 911 GT2 killer.
90 DA9 B18C5 retired auto-Xer
DIRep972

Post by DIRep972 »

did you totally ignore my question @ the bottom or just not see it? I asked if the stock ITR bottem end you tuned is running stock compression.