S200 Datalogging

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
satwilson

S200 Datalogging

Post by satwilson »

This topic may have been covered before but I have searched and not found my answer, thanks for your patience. I have a P28/S100 tuned ECU, RomEditor4. Can I use an S200 with datalogging option to view Hondalog, sensors, Dashboard, for diagnostic purposes? I do not want to retune, just use it as a diagnostic tool. Thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: S200 Datalogging

Post by Spunkster »

You can if the s200 has the datalogging option. But for the cost of all this you could jsut upgrade to the s300 and have a better system that has more features and is much easier to use.

http://www.hondata.com/s300upgradeform.html
satwilson

Post by satwilson »

Thanks for the reply. The S200 has datalogging, will cost me $100 with all the cables, and for my purposes, diagnostics and datalogging, is much cheaper than a S300. I always have my S100 system tuned by my local Hondata dealer. Thanks again for your reply.
satwilson

Post by satwilson »

I am having a problem getting my computer to link to my S200. I have Win7 laptop, new Keyspan USB/serial, downloaded drivers from Microsoft. Keyspan shows in device manager as com port working correctly. I have changed port numbers in advanced port settings, none seem to link to S200. My S200 was tuned with the same version of RE4 as I am trying to use for datalogging. My S200 has datalogging. The LED on the Keyspan blinks slowly indicating no data transfer. I have read all the instructions contained in the RE4 download and searched the forum to no avail. I am new to all of this and may not understand how to navigate RE4. The old Hondalogger has a "connect to ECU" icon. Can I assign a port# to the S200 in RE4? What do I need to do? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, satwilson
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Options, Settings, s200 tab...make sure you have the correct port selected.
satwilson

Post by satwilson »

Thanks Spunkster for the reply. Your input has been invaluable helping me get this working. I actually got it working on my own this AM. In options/settings/S200 I switched from ( Hondata RE4 serial to usb) connection, to serial connection. I thought because I was using the Keyspan serial to USB, the Hondata RE4 serial to usb option would work, not so. The Hondata RE4 serial to usb option has a default com/port2, and I had my Keyspan set to com/port2 in device manager on my laptop, however no data transfer was taking place. When I switched to "serial" connection, there it was, DATA! (serial com/port2, Keyspan via device manager com/port2) The rest was trial and error also. What I was trying to do is view live sensor data and datalog. After seeing the LED on the Keyspan indicate data transfer was taking place more options on RE4 were available, ECU info, datalogging record start/stop, etc. I clicked on ECU info, but nothing was there, also no live sensor data. I clicked on datalogging record and things started happening, I stopped recording, still no live sensors. More trial and error, bottom line, Start RE4, start/stop datalogging record, go to options/settings then the display tab, voila, live sensor data and ECU info. Nothing is available until datalogging record start/stop. You probably know all this navigation stuff, however newbs like myself have to use trial and error, as the info contained in the RE4 help tab are woefully inadequate. That being said I am now thrilled to be able to view live sensor data, and have viewed 2 DTC,s that will help me get my car running better. The money I spent doing this: $100 for the S200, $30 for the Keyspan, were well spent. I will continue to have my car tuned at my local Hondata shop, but the diagnostics, etc I have now enable me to do most everything else. Thanks again for your help, hope this post helps other newbs trying to gain some insight. satwilson