fuel pump not priming with hondata but will with factory ecu

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
alexplicit

fuel pump not priming with hondata but will with factory ecu

Post by alexplicit »

so ive been having some intermittent problems lately....

fuel pump sometimes wouldnt prime straight away, might have to wait 10,20,30 seconds, sometimes would prime instantly.

so i decided i would try work out whats going on tonight, because i waited about 5 mins and the pump still wouldnt prime, so i checked all my earths, (inc one on the thermostat)

tried to hard wire the fuel pump, fuel pump primes but car still wont start. assuming that the ecu isnt giving an injector signal.

so lastly i put the factory ecu back in, and bam fuel pump primes and car starts.

WTF? is the ecu dead? can it be repaired? what should i do?
Speed is a question of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go
alexplicit

Re: fuel pump not priming with hondata but will with factory

Post by alexplicit »

UPDATE!

pulled ecu to pieces as well as the blue box cleaned everything up.

and BAM, fuel pump primed and i drove it around for about 10 mins. stopped car turned ignition key off, turned it back on, and there was a 10-20 second delay on fuel pump primed looked at blue box and red blinking light on the hondata blue box...and check engine light is solid.

sometimes it will prime instantly other times it could be 10 20... even 40 seconds later it will prime?
Speed is a question of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: fuel pump not priming with hondata but will with factory

Post by Spunkster »

This is most likely a problem with the ECU and not the s200. IT could be a problem with the capacitors or just the ECU is going bad. Try it with a different ECU, if the problem goes away then you know it was the ECU.