s300 hardware problem

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
integra_22t

s300 hardware problem

Post by integra_22t »

ok ive got the s300 instaled in a ecu with a clear lid and the leg of the s300 are for the metal top so they where too long so i trimed them down and eveything was ok while the ecu was laying on the floor .

now with it mounted the legs on the board were trimed a little too much and alowed the board to lose contac with the ecu and not let the car start ... i noticed that my iat and ect where 302 deg and it wasnt reading sensors

i put rubber niples over the leg to take up the space and evything was happy

now after driving the car for a little while it starts to stumble and want to die and if you let off the gas and it stalls it wont start for a couple of min. of sitting

ive traced it back to the s300 board becouse when i turn the key i get 2 green lights and the car starts .. if only one lights it wont and it seems to happen evey other time

im going to double check all the solder joints after the weekend but any other ideas ?

also the transter to the left of the main ecu conectors thet is held in place by a metal strap i noticed was getting realy hot and i thought it might have something to do with the problem

here are my data logs as well as my tune

also if this is in the wrong place please move .. i couldnt find where this would fit
Attachments
friday night hondata problem4.s3d
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 322 times
friday night hondata problem2.s3d
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 280 times
friday night hondata problem3.s3d
(2.9 MiB) Downloaded 291 times
friday night hondata problem.s3d
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 266 times
last tune.skl
(37.26 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: s300 hardware problem

Post by Hondata »

Can you identify the part which gets hot (by the number next to it)? Failing that, post a photo if you can.
Hondata
integra_22t

Post by integra_22t »

here is a pict of the ecu

you can see it to the left of the main ecu conectors

... diffrent ecu but this is the one

Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

That part is the main 5V power regulator for the ECU. It is gets hot it indicates that there is a short somewhere. The short could be on the ECU (eg from the EPROM socket pins), or on the s300 (in which case the s300 would get hot too) or in the wiring of the car (anything that uses 5V - eg TPS, MAP). It could also be from the master ground (to thermostat) being bad, or the engine to chassis ground being bad. It also could be a sensor shorted out.

You can narrow it down by unplugging all the sensors and removing the s300 and checking if the power regulator still gets hot. It it does then it is the ECU. If not plug the s300 back in (take care to get it on the pins correctly) then the sensors one by one until you narrow it down.
Hondata
integra_22t

Post by integra_22t »

thanks that what i need a starting point ... this all started when i installed the caps on the hondata so ill start there

thanks
integra_22t

Post by integra_22t »

found the problem .. before the car left i turned on the o2 heater circut and it is what caused the problem .. i turned it off and the car is fine once again

i checked the wires running to the o2 but couldnt find anything wrong so ill just leave it turned off i gess
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

When you 'turned off the o2 heater', does this mean you disabled the o2 sensor heater in the software? If so you should track down and fix the problem because the o2 sensor will not read accurately without the heater.
Hondata
integra_22t

Post by integra_22t »

Ya i checked the wires to the ecu and eveything is in the right spot ... so i take the car out again and it does the same thing 2 blocks away ... so im looking into it more

its strange becouse when what ever happend my injectors go to 11.43 ms from 2.47ms at idel ... i thought it might be the map sensor reading wrong but just waiting on a swich right now and will do more tests after
integra_22t

Post by integra_22t »

ok so i start work on the car today and find the rad fan swich isnt working so order it in and go to start the car and im only getting 1 green light come on at d4 and none at d2 and when you turn the key you can hear the pump cycle and the dct light comes on but doesnt go off

if i hook the laptop up the red light at d1 flashes and the laptop says ecu is conected but when i hit the lighting bolt to see the sensors the iat and ect both read 303deg

i thought i might have a bad solder joint so i resoldered all conections ... nothing

i checked the voltage at a25/b1/d1 and all have 12.4v

i checked the grounds at a23/a24/a26/b2 all fine

i also checked voltage at d19/d20 both at 4.8v

and there grounds at d21 and d22 fine

so i took a stock ecu and hooked it up and the dct light cycles on and off with the pump so it has to be in the ecu or the s300 board

si there anything i can check to find my problem ?

thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you cut J12?
integra_22t

Post by integra_22t »

yes j12 is cut ive had the car running and datloging it

looking into doing anouther ecu and getting the socket checker you have .. do you have part numbers for these or a link i can order from as it took 3 weeks to get the s300 from a some what local supplyer and i want to return the car to the owner asap
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can order the socket tester through any Hondata dealer list on the website. There is no part number, it is just a socket tester.
integra_22t

Post by integra_22t »

the one at d4 is main power

the red one at d3 is for datalog

what does the green led mean at d2 ?

- also tested it in a bone stock integra and still only have 1 green led !
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

IT indicates everything is working ok, the ECU is socketed and it is ready.
integra_22t

Post by integra_22t »

well i cant get any parts for 2 weeks so im pulling eveything out of this ecu and installing into anouther