S200 Blinking red light

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
B20vtec-turbo

S200 Blinking red light

Post by B20vtec-turbo »

I know this has been asked a million times, but it was never answered with a definite answer.

My Hondata s200 has a blinking red light. I know when it was running right, there was a SOLID red light. So I assume this light,(when flashing) means there is a problem. What would cause this light to flash? A wide range of things or is it just a few specific things that will cause it to flash?
B20vtec-turbo

Post by B20vtec-turbo »

Anyone?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

B20vtec-turbo

Post by B20vtec-turbo »

I have already read the installation manual. Yes it gives a few things that may be wrong but I figured being that hondata deals with this kind of thing everyday your reply may be a little more helpful.

I'm gonna be honest, I've tried asking for help through this forum and even calling hondata, but I haven't found anyone really interested in my problem. I do not have a shop near me that works on ecu's, so any help you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

So what have you checked and what have you ruled out and how did you go about ruling it out? You want information, but have not provided enough information for anyone to know what has been tried or what has been found.
B20vtec-turbo

Post by B20vtec-turbo »

I have a solid CEL. I have checked engine wiring and have no known problems there. I have checked the 4 wire harness from the ecu to the s200 it is good. The chip looks fine, no bent teeth or anything like that. No burn makes on the ecu anywhere. The red LED is flashing about 1 flash every 2 seconds and never stops.

I bought the car with this unit working, I know it has the boost option because I am turbo and it used to work fine. I'm not sure if it has datalogging, If it did, I could just do that and find out why it was flashing right? if you could look into it for me. I sent an email about a year ago like this site said to do, asking what features I had but I never received a response.

s200-4127
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Might be an ECU socketing problem or a problem with the chip. If you are unable to burn new chips then your only option is to take this to the nearest Hondata tuner to have them help you determine where the problem is.

It has boost, datalogging and 3-step. Datalogging will not help you determine the problem because the s200 is not reading the chip in the ECU.
B20vtec-turbo

Post by B20vtec-turbo »

Spunkster wrote:Might be an ECU socketing problem or a problem with the chip. If you are unable to burn new chips then your only option is to take this to the nearest Hondata tuner to have them help you determine where the problem is.

It has boost, datalogging and 3-step. Datalogging will not help you determine the problem because the s200 is not reading the chip in the ECU.
I found a dyno shop in Memphis that is about 4 hrs from me that I've talked to, they said they would look at it for me so hopefully I can get it to them pretty soon.

Off Topic;
I have never used the datalogging, even when it was working right. When I bought the car it didn't come with a cable or the program. Can I just download it from here since I already have the datalogging option?
B20vtec-turbo

Post by B20vtec-turbo »

B20vtec-turbo wrote: I have never used the datalogging, even when it was working right. When I bought the car it didn't come with a cable or the program. Can I just download it from here since I already have the datalogging option?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Was your car tuned with Romeditor 4 or Romeditor 3?
B20vtec-turbo

Post by B20vtec-turbo »

Spunkster wrote:Was your car tuned with Romeditor 4 or Romeditor 3?
I honestly don't know. I bought this car with everything already installed from florida a few years ago, I'm in Louisiana. Is there any way to tell?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

At this time since the light is flashing there really is no way of checking. This needs to be looked at in person by someone with a dealer kit. Why not take it to the dealer in LA?
B20vtec-turbo

Post by B20vtec-turbo »

Spunkster wrote:At this time since the light is flashing there really is no way of checking. This needs to be looked at in person by someone with a dealer kit. Why not take it to the dealer in LA?
I called the one's in La that hondata.com gave me,but they said they only do Install's, not any troubleshooting. The closest place I found to me that even acted interested in looking at it was the one in Memphis,Tn.