S200 erased?

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
B20vtec-turbo

S200 erased?

Post by B20vtec-turbo »

I had a 91 crx SI with the hondata s200. Running a B20vtec turbo. Well this past weekend I did a swap and put my b20vtec turbo in a 94 honda hatchback. Check engine light is on and is saying the o2 sensor is bad, but I know it's not. Motor won't rev past 3-3500rpm? I plugged in another computer without hondata, it was a chipped skunk 2 p28 and my car would rev all the way out, but running really lean. So I know its a problem with my computer or the Hondata s200. I plan on calling a few dealers tomorrow and trying to find someone to fix it for me, but it blows my mind to think 4 days ago this motor and computer ran PERFECT, no change in motor parts, just a different car. I was using a obd1 computer in the crx with a jumper to the body harness. Now I'm just plugging the computer into the harness, no jumper....thats the only difference.....someone please enlighten me!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Check for error codes. Something has obviously changed somewhere.
B20vtec-turbo

Post by B20vtec-turbo »

Spunkster wrote:Check for error codes. Something has obviously changed somewhere.
The car is showing a code 10 (IAC) and a code 14 (Idle control sensor) So I went today and bought a brand new iac and ics, the iac bolted on fine, but the ics didn't match the one I took off. Bolts didn't even line up. 5 different part store pulled the same ics and none of them were the right one, so now I'm trying to search and fine the right one...maybe the hondata s200 isn't the problem I dunno, I just know everything is the same from the other car. I don't really understand why these sensors would be bad now if they werent then...paid over $300 in sensors today and still no fix...
B20vtec-turbo

Post by B20vtec-turbo »

Just to simplify my previous post. When I start the car it won't idle. If I put it to the floor it only gets to 2-3000rpm and wont go any higher. the led on the interface is solid. CEL on the car and it was 10 and 14. bought new sensor for the code 10 but having trouble finding the right part of the code 14, because I have a b20 vtec turbo, I'm not sure what car the Idle controld valve came off of. The ICV from a 1994 acura b18c1 looks alot like the one that came off of my intake but not exactly... A friend of mine is saying its the ECU, because these sensors were fine in the other car, only a week ago... what do you think?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You have mutlible issues going on here. You are using the s200 on a different vehicle setup and there may be any number of things wrong.

You can try the ECU on a known good vehicle, but without knowing what the chip was tuned for that may be a problem as well.

If the IACV does not fit proeprly you will have massive air leaks.

You may also have the MAP And TPS plugs swapped.

This really needs to be looked at by someone familiar with engine swaps and that can tune s200 systems.
B20vtec-turbo

Post by B20vtec-turbo »

Spunkster wrote:You have mutlible issues going on here. You are using the s200 on a different vehicle setup and there may be any number of things wrong.

You can try the ECU on a known good vehicle, but without knowing what the chip was tuned for that may be a problem as well.

If the IACV does not fit proeprly you will have massive air leaks.

You may also have the MAP And TPS plugs swapped.

This really needs to be looked at by someone familiar with engine swaps and that can tune s200 systems.
I have a b20 vtec with a t3/t4 turbo. RC PL8 550cc injectors. gsr tranny. lightweight flywheel. stage 3 clutchmaster clutch. If I put this ecu in a different car since its tuned for mine, the other car would run like crap to,right? So what would this accomplish?
I plan to find the right IACV, I'm just having a rough time locating it.
I've been talking to some people in Baton Rouge,La Lightening Motor Sports, I've called asking them various things, So I may call them and see if they would look over my car for me...I can't remember but I think they do tuning there?!?
B20vtec-turbo

Post by B20vtec-turbo »

Ok I found the right idle control valve off of a 1994 acura b18c1. It came in today and I went to the shop and installed it. With a Brand new idle control valve and Intake air temp sensor I just knew it would start up and work right, but I was wrong...Put parts on, connected the battery and turned the engine over, it wouldn't rev past 25-3,000rpm. Turned engine off and checked cel's, only showed one code, Code 10...intake air temp sensor, which is a brand new sensor. Tried again, restarted the engine same thing, wouldn't rev past blahblah. turned off engine checked cel's again, this time 2 codes...Code 10 and code 14....?!?!? The brand new sensors...Checked the wires from 3 other wiring harness and the wires are correct. Also checked to see if I had the MAP and TPS plugs backwards, I didn't...I'm at a complete loss of words now...I would like to take my car to a shop in Baton Rouge,La called Lightning Motor Sports, but I can only imagine what it will cost. That being my LAST option, can you think of any other reasons that my car would show these same 2 codes for sensors I just replaced. Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Something is wrong in the harness more than likely. There are a number of plugs that look the same in the haness and can easily be swapped. Swapping the purge valve plug with the IAT plug can cause it to damage the ECU and the IAT sensor. At this point I highly recommend taking to soemone with experiance with engine swap wiring issues.
V-Spec race development

Post by V-Spec race development »

Sound to me like you have the IACV and the IAT plugs backward. Check that first.
B20vtec-turbo

Post by B20vtec-turbo »

V-Spec race development wrote:Sound to me like you have the IACV and the IAT plugs backward. Check that first.
I checked the wires and the pinout of the ecu, everythings good there. I sent my ecu in and had some work done, received to back and car won't even start now. Now the company that worked on my ecu is sending me another ecu to try....I'm almost ready to just take the car somewhere and let someone else figure this mess out. I'm just ready to drive it now....
B20vtec-turbo

Post by B20vtec-turbo »

Ok, Well the guy never sent me another ecu to try. I've been fighting with him trying to get this figured out. The car still will not crank, it will turn over but will not start. I can't remember if I mentioned this earlier or not, but this guy removed my chip and hondata unit and put it in another P28 vtec ecu. I can't help but to still wonder if my tune was lost, is that possible? He did remove the chip and put it in a different computer. ALSO, the ecu that originally had the chip had a wire connecting J1, just a straight wire. This new ecu has a wire with a 0 ohm?? All I know is the computer used to work and now it doesnt, is J1 supposed to be just a straight wire or does it need that 0 ohm thing?
Luke

Post by Luke »

a straight wire is 0 ohm (well, not if it is very long, but in this case it should be 0ohm, so that is correct).

best regards Lukas