o2 sensor question for cel 43 S200

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
jordanfosterssn

o2 sensor question for cel 43 S200

Post by jordanfosterssn »

I've recently got a code 43 and need to change my o2 sensor and when i went to change out my bad one i realized i had a wideband sensor after i had already purchased a o2 sensor for my h22a running on a S200 and was wondering if i will be alright with running a regular o2 sensor since i don't have a wideband gauge so i don't have to go out and spend another $80 for a new wideband sensor

thanks in advance

Jordan Foster
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What wideband to you have?
jordanfosterssn

there is no gauge it's just a wideband o2 sensor from a previous owner that happened to go bad on me

there is a whole in the dash that the guy i bought the car from says he thinks the owner before him had some kind of a/f gauge but he isn't sure either especially judging by this one random red wire that is tapped on of the wires on the tail can't remember which one though and i haven't tried to trace it yet either
jordanfosterssn

ultimately what i'm thinking about doing is just putting s300 in from my h22-t hatch and putting it in my prelude sending my s200 p28 to y'all to convert it to s300

but that brings another question if i take the s300 from a boosted setup and put a n/a map on it will it freak the s300 out at all if i want to put the boosted map back on it when i get my new s300 back from y'all? or do you think it will go smoothly?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

A wideband sensor without a wideband controller will not work. Without know exactly what you have it is difficult to.

An s300 can handle any type of setup.
jordanfosterssn

yea the plug was wired on the tail i have no clue but it just started throwing the cel last week and i've had the car for 2700 miles without a hitch until this came up
i don't know what kind of wideband sensor it is i even called a bosch tech and gave him the numbers off of the sensor and he didn't even know what it was but i just know that it's a wideband sensor and ever since i started getting the cel my gas mileage has become terrible and my car is running weird so i dunno
jordanfosterssn

also it's a 94 prelude with h22a bone stock running s200 on p28
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would suggest you take the vehicle to the nearest Hondata dealer and have them check it out for you.