S200 Romeditor4

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
FreshDA9

S200 Romeditor4

Post by FreshDA9 »

Ok so i need a easy answer. my cousin is coming back from the national guard this week. he got his hands on a used p28 with S200 in it. I wanna know if im capable of tuning S200 with out being a dealer. I have moates ostrich and will just need a serial to usb adapter to connect to your blue box.
I have seen before where Spunkster has said you need to purchase the software? well i have downloaded RomEditor4 and Hondalogger is this all we need or is there some sort of licensing fee? Also i herd the s200 could be locked by the tuners is this true? if so ill have to email you about having it unlocked. sorry im only familiar with S300.
EFI-101 & Advanced Certified*
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You would have to purchase the software and have a programmer as well. Also you may have to add additional options to the s200. Ultimately it will be cheaper, easier and you will have more options just by upgrading the s200 to an s300. Also keep in mind that the s200 was discontinued over 2 years ago.
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

hmmmm....

yea i have the burner as well as my ostrich. so you are saying theres a license fee for the romeditor software then. if he buys this license all the features will still be unlocked on the box (has the boost options i guess)?
EFI-101 & Advanced Certified*
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The Romeditor 4 software will only work when used with the Romeditor4 cable. No additional options are unlocked when RE4 has been purchased. Additaionl options such as datalogging are extra.

The upgrade to the s300 from an s200 is only $395 now.