Water Temp Compensation - Cold Start

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Quade

Water Temp Compensation - Cold Start

Post by Quade »

Which water temp compensation affects cold start? Open Loop Low, Open Loop High, Closed Loop Low, Closed Loop High? Assume closed loop enabled. Car starts fine when warm - just want to adjust the correct one.

As it is now when I give it a normal crank when cold it wont start in one. Crank again and it starts. I believe it need more fuel when starting. Yes if I hold the key long enough it would start cold the first time.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Don't change any of the compensations. Just change the cranking fuel trim plus or minus depending on what helps the car start better.
Quade

Post by Quade »

I thought about that but afterwards I was thinking that the cranking fuel trim would have an effect when it's cold as well as when it's warm and starting fine. I only want the adjustment to affect cold start. Will try it however.
Quade

Post by Quade »

Had to add as much as 20% for cranking fuel trim to get a good start when cold. Is this normal or is it because my injectors are 1000cc and lazy? Cranking when warm is still fine. Thanks.
kinetics

Post by kinetics »

Part of that is because you still have unburnt fuel in the cylinders when it's still warm.
As for cold, I had to add almost 80% for it to start on my stroked E85 B16A, and it still takes a few seconds for it to actually start, if it's a cold start.
allm0t0rGSR

COLD START

Post by allm0t0rGSR »

IS IT NORMAL TO RICH UP TO 12.6 AFR AT COLD START... BECAUSE MINE EVERYTIME I START MY CAR IN THE MORNING IT GOES TO 13.9 AFR A COUPLE SECONDS IT GOES TO 12.6 AND THE AFTER 3-4 MINS IT GOES TO 13.5 UNTIL THE CAR IS FULLY WARM? IS THIS NORMAL THAT RICH IN COLD START IN THE MORNING
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This is normal
allm0t0rGSR

Post by allm0t0rGSR »

thanks alot