Options for second set of injectors...

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
JKOBD

Options for second set of injectors...

Post by JKOBD »

Any chances to get something in the works for running another set of staged injectors in S300? I guess since this is based on the stock ecu, and that only has four injector drivers than no love.....but any work around this? Maybe use the V6 ecu and run bank to bank on a set of injectors...I dunno....thinking out loud.
9.72@146 Street Car

www.JKOBD.com
Preyluda

Post by Preyluda »

Whats up mang! This is Jimmy Jones friend Jay(with the old beat up '88 prelude). How's things going for ya?

you should send me your email in case i ever need you to look at my calibration, or are you on honda-tech.

Sorry for the off topic.
JKOBD

Post by JKOBD »

Preyluda wrote:Whats up mang! This is Jimmy Jones friend Jay(with the old beat up '88 prelude). How's things going for ya?

you should send me your email in case i ever need you to look at my calibration, or are you on honda-tech.

Sorry for the off topic.
Blown90hatcH on H-T.

Thanks for the free bump!
9.72@146 Street Car

www.JKOBD.com
ben

Post by ben »

I thought there was already?

The way I think it would work is if you use the switched gnd wires from each injector circuit and run it in parallel to a set of four relays and the primary injectors.

Then use a programmable output from the ECU to turn the secondary injectors by conditionally arming the relays (MAP or RPM threshold, VTEC, etc.) while concurrently swapping to the secondary tables with whichever output you use by checking the box in the secondary tables parameters.

The issue with that is that the resistance would be cut in half while both sets are running. The current draw would double on the injector drivers. I don't know enough about that to say anything worthwhile. Maybe one of the two Hondata brains know more and would care to comment.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

A relay would switch the outputs over too slowly. The extra current will eventually overheat the driver transistors.
Hondata