Question about injector sizing in Hondata 1.3.8 & alpha-

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
shiroitenshi

Question about injector sizing in Hondata 1.3.8 & alpha-

Post by shiroitenshi »

Previously I was using Hondata 1.3.0 for maybe a year or so. Car ran fine, so I really didn't bother updating it till recently when I swapped to a B20B engine.

One problem I encountered was, when I entered bigger injector than stock, the fuel tables do not change. Previously when I used 1.3.0, when I put in 310 injectors on my B series, I entered that injector size, and the tables were updated, and I could start up my car immediately without needing to adjust the tables to compensate for bigger injectors.

On the 1.3.8, this is not the case, as entering even bigger injectors, the 440, the mapping does not change at all. Is the feature abandoned, or am I missing some critical step introduced in the versions leading up to the 1.3.8?

One other problem I had is with TPS indexing when using quads/ITBs. I can tune my car just fine with Map indexing, but try as I may, I simply can't do it with TPS indexing. I was using the ITB maps included in hondata as the base. Failing that, I started with a blank P30 base, and entered enough cells to get the engine to start, albeit with a rough idle, as I can't get it to idle stably with TPS indexing, unless if I purposely bog the engine for it to retain the rev at a certain limit by adding fuel and/or retarding ignition.

The vacuum log will build up vacuum to 350mbar, and no less, as the pressure would suddenly go back up to 400mbar. And the revs will go up and down, similar to the characteristics of a vacuum leak.

But this is not the case, as currently, when using map, it idles at 15-14.7 at 300mbar vacuum log/accumulator pressure. (It's not a big ITB)

I suspect I would need to correct the MAP load compensation. Could it be this? or am I missing something else entirely? Must we calibrate the MAP load compensation values for alpha-n ourselves, or leave it as is?

It feels kind of strange when people usually tell me that MAP indexing are notoriously harder to tune for part throttle than TPS indexing, but at the moment, I'm finding it otherwise. I actually manage to get very reliable map signals out of my ITB, but I'd like to try TPS indexing for kicks.

Thanks in advance.