Need to drive car to dyno.

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
inteGReddy

Need to drive car to dyno.

Post by inteGReddy »

i gotta b18b1 with hondata/s300 and plx/wideband. i plan on putting my greddy turbo kit back on the car soon. the nearest dyno tuner is about 40 miles away and ill need to drive my car up there.

my question is how i can safely tune it to where i could drive my car up there without blowing it up. i know the two things i need to worry about are retarding the timing and increasing fuel progressively with the boost increase.

i also need to verify that the turbo is boosting properly before i pay for the dyno time. so, this is an odd situation because i dont just need to drive up there nice and slow i need to spool the turbo at least once to make sure it works properly.

i have been playing with hondata for awhile now but havent had a chance to play with any boost parameters. any comments or suggestions on how to go about doing this will be greatly appreciated.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Contact the tuner and discuss your options with them.
inteGReddy

Post by inteGReddy »

Spunkster wrote:Contact the tuner and discuss your options with them.
i have. im sorry for wasting your time on this one spunkster. i was hoping someone who (not employed by hondata) has went through this same dilemma would chime in. my fault, the s300 forum was probably not the best one for this thread.
jew

Post by jew »

start with a stock timing map, retard 1 degree per psi in boost and tune your fuel maps accordingly. start with values you know are going to be rich at your lowest boost setting and then lean it out as needed. its really pretty easy to get a decent street tune before driving to the dyno.
inteGReddy

Post by inteGReddy »

jew wrote:start with a stock timing map, retard 1 degree per psi in boost and tune your fuel maps accordingly. start with values you know are going to be rich at your lowest boost setting and then lean it out as needed. its really pretty easy to get a decent street tune before driving to the dyno.
yeah, the 1 degree per 1 psi was what i was thinking. it was the fuel i was worried about. im sure i can street tune it better than the piggy back unit that came with my greddy kit. thanks for the 2 cents btw.