S300 Socket Testing Problem

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
hayhursm

S300 Socket Testing Problem

Post by hayhursm »

I purchased a Hondata S300 & P28 ECU from an authorized vendor and could not connect to it with my laptop. I then decided to purchase the socket tester and when I installed it (in the same orientation as shown on the Hondata website) none of the LEDs would light up with the ignition key in the on position. I have a 2000 Civic Si and I am using the OB2b adapter harness if that helps. Any suggestions?
HONDA GHANDI

Post by HONDA GHANDI »

Was this a known good ecu to begin with? Will the car start on the stock ECU when the Hondata and adapter harness is removed?
High altitude tuner www.tcperf.com
hayhursm

Post by hayhursm »

I?m not sure if the ECU was good, the Hondata S300 was already installed in the P28 when I purchased this system. Yes, the vehicle would start when the stock ECU was installed.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Post a picture of your adapter harness. Did you purchase an OBD2a or OBD2b adaper harness?
HONDA GHANDI

Post by HONDA GHANDI »

oooh, Good call, forgot about that.
High altitude tuner www.tcperf.com
hayhursm

Post by hayhursm »

I'm using the OBD2b harness. I will post a picture tonight after work.
hayhursm

Post by hayhursm »

Here is a pic of the OBD2b adapter harness
Attachments
2000 Civic Si OBD2b adapter harness for S300
2000 Civic Si OBD2b adapter harness for S300
Picture 013.jpg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 3904 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Judging by the fact that the adapter harness has been cut and spliced together, I would suspect a problem with the adapter harness or there has been some change in the vehicle harness. It sounds like your ecu is not getting any power.
hayhursm

Post by hayhursm »

I ordered the harness from horsepowerfreaks.com and the harness came from Hondata directly. I have not altered the vehicle harness in anyway except put GM Weatherpack connectors in place of the OEM injector connectors so I can use the FJO injector driver. I'm hoping to find someone locally that I can test my Hondata system in their vehicle.
hayhursm

Post by hayhursm »

I dug a little deeper into this problem and discovered that none of the connector pins going into my ECU are reading 12 Volts; the pins were tested at the actual harness and not the adapter harness. I looked for ECU fuses but could not find any?any clues as to what might cause this?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What has been done to this vehicle?
hayhursm

Post by hayhursm »

As far as electrical modifications I clipped the fuel injector connectors and installed GM Weather Pack connectors in their place to run an FJO injector driver. I have not installed the injector driver yet so there is no connection on the injector connectors. The SRS unit has been removed but I have driven the vehicle before without that. Would leaving the injectors unplugged be the problem?