Questions on wiring S300 Inputs ????

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
kharvey

Questions on wiring S300 Inputs ????

Post by kharvey »

Below I have given a diagram for how I am going to wire some of the inputs (OBD 1 ECU). I am not 100% sure on wiring some of the switches. My main concern is if the ACS is a ground or positive type input. Also can you wire both the high/low boost switch and the table switching together so when you switch to the high boost setting it switches to a high boost setting table as well? Or do I need to run them separate?

Last edited by kharvey on Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calvin

Post by calvin »

d2 should be ground to if i remember correctly
kharvey

Post by kharvey »

d2 should be ground to if i remember correctly
D2 is the brake switch input. So if hooked up normally it would recieve a 12 volt signal from the brake switch. So in turn would't it still need a 12 volt input if hooked up to the data log switch?

My logic might be wrong but I'm just trying to get it all sorted out before final wiring. Anyone else?
calvin

Post by calvin »

there goes a gnd single to the ecu from the pedal.
The switch is on/off to ground

test it
kharvey

Post by kharvey »

calvin wrote:there goes a gnd single to the ecu from the pedal.
The switch is on/off to ground

test it
You would be incorrect the brake pedal is not a ground type switch. Its receives 12 volts from wht/grn and when pressed gives out 12 volts grn/wht to the brake lights, ECU, cruise, ABS and TCM if auto. Test it.
kharvey

Post by kharvey »

Anyone?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Looking at wiring diagrams it appears to be a 12 volt input, however If you have any doubts, use a ultimeter to check to see if the witch goes to ground or 12v.
kharvey

Post by kharvey »

Spunkster wrote:Looking at wiring diagrams it appears to be a 12 volt input, however If you have any doubts, use a ultimeter to check to see if the witch goes to ground or 12v.
I appreciate your input but I'm not concerned about the brake switch. I am re-wiring the car from the ground up. Every wire is either brand new 18 or 20 gauge, new fuse box, all new relays, new quick connects, even the engine harness. I know the wiring diagrams like the back of my hand.
I am about 99% done just wondering on my wiring for some of the extra hondata inputs.

A. Is the ACS (air conditioning switch) a ground signal? I'm pretty sure it is but just can't be certain by the factory wiring diagram.

B. Can I have both high/low boost setting and table switching on the same input? I don't see why not but just double checking.

It seems I am getting the run around without any straight answers. So please if anyone has used the ACS input or wired both table switching and boost setting together let me know. I've done a bunch of searching to no avail. If i don't get any answers I will just run it the way I have described and repost my results and maybe some pictures of the 30+ lbs. in weight savings from my re-wire.
nscirocco

Post by nscirocco »

kharvey wrote: A. Is the ACS (air conditioning switch) a ground signal? I'm pretty sure it is but just can't be certain by the factory wiring diagram.
did you figure this out ? .. i want to use the B5 ACS as a data logging switch.

from the diagram it looks like a ground (blue/red to ecu) .. but in the diagnostics they make you test for battery voltage between B5 and chassis ground .. so i dunno'.

. i can't test it 'cause i don't have the stock a/c wiring either.

-nigel.
Attachments
acs.jpg
acs.jpg (37.78 KiB) Viewed 2812 times
nscirocco

Post by nscirocco »

looks like it is a switch to ground to B5 ACS that's needed ..
as per:
http://www.hondata.com/technitrousdiagram.html