SManager V1.3.0

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Hondata
Site Admin

SManager V1.3.0

Post by Hondata »

SManager V1.3.0 is available for download. This is a release version but there are some changes which might generate some support calls, and as we'll be closed next week (for SEMA), then for the moment it is not an automatic download.

Please read fully these instructions before downloading the new version. If you're not comfortable with the changes or don't understand them, wait until the general release in about two weeks time.

Specific changes are:
? Added fuel overrun cutoff rpm / tps table.
? Added moving idle speed vs coolant temperature.
? Added calculate overall fuel trim based on fuel pressure and displacement changes.
? Added Wideband Lambda Parameters.
? Added overheating protection.
? Added lean protection.
? SManager now prompts to save un-saved datalogs when closing.
(see the help file for more information)

The main change is that the wideband voltage to lambda conversion has been moved from the application (SManager) to the ECU (calibration). Thus the wideband options have moved from the 'Settings' window to the 'Parameters' window. This means that the ECU can now work out lambda, which has enabled us to use lean protection. These can be found under a new 'Protection' tab in the 'Parameters' window.

There are some issues which you need to be aware of with the change in lambda conversion:

- The lambda conversion table is smaller, but the vast majority of users are using the AEM, PLX or innovative widebands, which only require two points to define the conversion.

- The lambda calculation is now calculated by the ECU and stored in the datalog. The upshot is that if you change the voltage/lambda conversion, your datalogged lambda will not change. The second thing to be aware of is that datalogs made with a previous version do not contain the lambda, and therefore must be converted when the datalog is loaded. If you won't want to be prompted each time you load a datalog, then re-save it with V1.3.0

- From experience with the K-Series lean protection settings, don't set the lambda too high and the duration too short. Otherwise you'll get lean cuts every 10 seconds on a less than perfectly tuned engine. The aim is to use settings which will protect the engine, rather than enforce an ideal a/f ratio. eg setting the maximum lambda to 12.5:1 with a trigger time of 20 ms under boost will trigger far too often. A setting of 13.5:1 with 250 ms trigger will work. Remember, the aim is to prevent engine damage rather than enforce good a/f ratios, and at low boost any engine will handle 13.5:1 for considerable time without damage.

Read and understand the above above paragraph again, then you can download SManager here.
Last edited by Hondata on Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hondata
Hondata
Site Admin

SManager V1.3.1

Post by Hondata »

Fixed the problem with open loop.

Also we have added sensor value display boxes on the graph window, near the cursor, to make viewing datalogs easier.

Download here.
Hondata
eikki

Post by eikki »

I found another problem. Not big but means a lot to them who use Metric values. In Moving idle speed water temp it not changes the value from farads to Celsius.
QUICKSILVER RACING

Post by QUICKSILVER RACING »

farad is for capacitors. Maybe you mean farenheit.
HONDATA official and sole Distributor in the Philippines.
http://quicksilver.4t.com
+639178954747
eikki

Post by eikki »

QUICKSILVER RACING wrote:farad is for capacitors. Maybe you mean farenheit.
Yes.. Fahrenheit..
turbotypeR

Post by turbotypeR »

QUICKSILVER RACING wrote:farad is for capacitors. Maybe you mean farenheit.
LOL.
92 civic Si
best et:9.43best mph:164
turbotypeR

Post by turbotypeR »

every time i try to download the update from the smanager program, it says "error downloading the update"
92 civic Si
Silverbeast

Post by Silverbeast »

turbotypeR wrote:every time i try to download the update from the smanager program, it says "error downloading the update"
Are you running Vista with the UAC turned on or off?
turbotypeR

Post by turbotypeR »

Silverbeast wrote:
turbotypeR wrote:every time i try to download the update from the smanager program, it says "error downloading the update"
i am using vista.what is uac? i got it to work by downloading it to the desktop. although i tried to use the itr display th same way and can't get it to do anything different
92 civic Si
Silverbeast

Post by Silverbeast »

turbotypeR wrote:
Silverbeast wrote:
i am using vista.what is uac? i got it to work by downloading it to the desktop. although i tried to use the itr display th same way and can't get it to do anything different
UAC is User Account Control.. for Vista. If you have it turned off then you should see the message you do. If UAC is turned on you wil need to run SManager as "Administrator" to update the program via the web. Unless you did what you said and downloaded it to the desktop.

Just another friendly Vista annoyance.
turbotypeR

Post by turbotypeR »

yeah, one of my computer friends is gonna put xp on it soon. which brings meto another question.I am gonna have to remove the program from the computer in order to do that. is there a way to save all of my settings for the program that i have changed so it will all work the same when i get xp loaded?
92 civic Si
deafy

Post by deafy »

Back up any file calibrations you wish to save. As well as anything else you want to save, I dont know how vista is with downgrading to XP.
1997 Prelude - under the knife.
2000 Insight - k20z3 swap, pt6262, e85. 508whp@19psi.
Shmaa

Post by Shmaa »

I have a wideband with a non-linear output and currently use around 8 conversion points for a really good reading. Is there not enough room onboard to hold the extra data points that used to be available? My wideband works great and it would be nice to use my hardware to its potential.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Your only option would be to use one of the analog inputs instead.
Shmaa

Post by Shmaa »

Less it not more when it comes to customer service...Did you just decide not to answer part of my question? Is it not physically possible to add more points for the conversiontable?