S300j Feature Request

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
shiroitenshi

S300j Feature Request

Post by shiroitenshi »

Well, I bought a S300J, got it setup and tuned, works great.

However, I do wish for a few extra features that should not be too much of a burden for your SManager program developer. Hopefully you can introduce it on the next iteration of SManager programme.

a) VSS speed correction, hopefully I can input tire size and rollout and % of expansion based on RPM.
(so I can get better and hopefully more accurate speed readouts)

b) Pit Lane speed limiter (just a rev limiter based on the VSS, when engaged, it limits the speed to 60km/h in the pit lane.
(or you could make the speed variable, so can use it as a speed limiter as well)
Do not take seriously zone
c) Skinning (just kidding!) I'd take functionality over visual upgrades anyday.

d) better vinyls! something like what I had made would be nice :P
(no, I'm not really bothered by this too.. so don't take this seriously :P)
In other words, I like s300j as it is,
but having feature a) and b) would be helpful for me, and I don't think it will be difficult for hondata SManager developer to implement.
locash

Post by locash »

You can use the launch control feature as your speed limiter.. Just determine the maximum rpm you want to use in that gear, and set it up.. Set the MPH limit a lot higher, so that it won't disable the launch control..
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
GTMcoupe

Re: S300j Feature Request

Post by GTMcoupe »

shiroitenshi wrote:.......

a) VSS speed correction, hopefully I can input tire size and rollout and % of expansion based on RPM.
(so I can get better and hopefully more accurate speed readouts)
I too have already expressed an interest in having this feature even if its just a simple tire size or % correction that be useful

WEST
Its Small, Its Red, Its Mid engined, It has a B18 fitted, 250hp+per tonne + nitrous
shiroitenshi

Post by shiroitenshi »

locash wrote:You can use the launch control feature as your speed limiter.. Just determine the maximum rpm you want to use in that gear, and set it up.. Set the MPH limit a lot higher, so that it won't disable the launch control..
Yes, I also realised this, but it's not gear specific, so if you are at higher gears by mistake, you can overshoot the speed.

It's better if it's referenced by VSS entirely, so regardless of gear, you can have a moving rpm limit tied to a certain speed.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I too have already expressed an interest in having this feature even if its just a simple tire size or % correction that be useful
The speed sensor signal goes from the sensor to both the dash and ECU. To change the signal the dash receives you'd need to change the speed sensor.
Hondata
inteGReddy

Post by inteGReddy »

should you have coated the lids of the box to keep the unit from grounding?
shiroitenshi

Post by shiroitenshi »

Hondata wrote:
The speed sensor signal goes from the sensor to both the dash and ECU. To change the signal the dash receives you'd need to change the speed sensor.
I see, so it's not wired in series through the ECU.

how about the pit lane speed limiter? I'd love to have that feature, rather than using the launch control, as it's gear dependent.
GTMcoupe

Post by GTMcoupe »

Hondata wrote:
a good point, but i do not use a honda speedo in my car or use the vss for the dash speedo, i have a totally independant electonic speedo running off my front right, i would just like to correct the datalogged speeds, but guess my application is a little different to your usuall Hondata install.

WEST
Its Small, Its Red, Its Mid engined, It has a B18 fitted, 250hp+per tonne + nitrous
kesnut

Post by kesnut »

Hondata wrote:
was not this a option in romeditor 3, i recall be able to enter tire size...
shiroitenshi

Post by shiroitenshi »

kesnut wrote:
Hondata wrote:
was not this a option in romeditor 3, i recall be able to enter tire size...
Yeah, it was.. and it's strangely missing from SManager..
shiroitenshi

Post by shiroitenshi »

1.3.0 is out, but no speed limiter? Ouch.. :(