Datalogging problem when engine is running

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
sq_creations

Datalogging problem when engine is running

Post by sq_creations »

I am retuning a car that I did 6mths ago. I didn't have any problems then. I can not real time log or upload when the engine is running for longer then a second but I can upload files, download datalogs when the key is on but engine is off. The lights start out normal flashing green and orange then when it freezes they go solid.

The things that have changed that i am aware of from last time:
went from a gm 3bar to a aem 5 bar map
switched out the manifold and turbo
installed autometer egt gauge
I put in the gm boost solenoid

in trying to diagnose the problem I have tried:
switching from the r5671a-9 spark plugs to a bkr7es-11 for the resistor
switching out the ECU and S300 for mine (known to be working)
switching from my normal dell (i use all the time without a problem) to a toshiba laptop
2 diffrent usb cables
unpluged the boost controller
unpluged the egt
checked and fixed a ground at thermostat

Im pretty sure its something with the car more than the hondata but I could really use some input.
sq_creations

Post by sq_creations »

I also downloaded the newest update for s300.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

r5671a-9 plugs are non-resistor - they can damage the ECU.

Do you have stock plug wires? Also check the resistor in the top of the distributor cap - they crack easily (not all distributors use this resistor).
Hondata
sq_creations

Post by sq_creations »

The hood release just broke. :roll: This car hates me lol. If iirc it is a msd cap with the blaster sc coil & 6a. This is all has not changed. The spark plug wires are new ngk blue wires. Good to know about the spark plugs. Im running them on my car too. I read the thread on the spark plugs yesterday. It sucks that the iridums are 8 bucks a pop but oh well. I will get the cap off to check it as soon as I can get under the hood. Im pretty sure the ecu is okay though. I will test it in my car tonight. any other thoughts.
sq_creations

Post by sq_creations »

i got the cap off and measured the resistance. It was 6 ohms from the post on the outside to the center pole inside. No cracks that I could see. Some small deposits on the 4 posts that i cleaned off. Im going to put it back now. what is the resistance suppose to be?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try using a stock distributor. Most aftermarket ignitions cause a lot of interference.
sq_creations

Post by sq_creations »

I put the msd cap back on after scraping some carbon off the points. The hondata realtime communication is working good. I drove for 30 minutes and it did good. Thanks.