Engine stalls at 2000 RPM

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
aahill69

Engine stalls at 2000 RPM

Post by aahill69 »

I just installed a S300 on a P28 ECU. Every calibration loads fine and responses to any change that I upload. When I start driving, under normal acceleration, the engine stall for a fraction of a second exactly at 2K RPM. Once pass the 2K the engine keeps accelerating normal. I noticed when this happens my LM-1 goes above the 20:1 range. It seems like the injectors or the spark goes away at that point. A different calibration doesn't make any difference. A/F ratios and idle is normal and no ECU codes. The only thing I did was cut the ELD cable for future data logging.

This problem is pretty annoying because when the engine stalls and comes back again it pulls your neck really hard especially having a 4.9 F/D.

Any help would be appreciate it.

Thanks
SOHC_STUDENT

Post by SOHC_STUDENT »

I'm having this same issue. If you slowly raise RPMs the injectors cut out for a fraction of a second right at 2000 RPMs.

It's not the ELD though. Mine was cut before I swapped engines and the car ran fine without it.

I think this is some sort of "limp mode" but I'm not sure. I will post back up here if I find anything. In the mean time, anyone else have any ideas?
SOHC_STUDENT

Post by SOHC_STUDENT »

I am not getting any luck from the 3 forums I've posted this problem. Maybe we can compare builds and see if there's something in common.

Mine is a high compression D16 with ITB's. ECU is S300 on a P28

I am using Alpha N to tune and do not run a MAP sensor. Not throwing any codes. My TPS is from a Suzuki 900 and reads 1v closed and 6v open. I used the TPS calibration function in Hondata to set the TPS. It seems to work fine.

Does any of this match your setup?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Please follow the instructions given here:
http://www.hondata.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3772
Hondata
aahill69

Post by aahill69 »

SOHC_STUDENT wrote:I am not getting any luck from the 3 forums I've posted this problem. Maybe we can compare builds and see if there's something in common.

Mine is a high compression D16 with ITB's. ECU is S300 on a P28

I am using Alpha N to tune and do not run a MAP sensor. Not throwing any codes. My TPS is from a Suzuki 900 and reads 1v closed and 6v open. I used the TPS calibration function in Hondata to set the TPS. It seems to work fine.

Does any of this match your setup?
SOHC
I'm running different setup.
Stroked H22 13:1 C/R with regular intake manifold, using the stock TPS. I will be switching to ITB next month.
So running in the Alpha N you didn't noticed any stall?
aahill69

Post by aahill69 »

Hondata wrote:Please follow the instructions given here:
http://www.hondata.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3772
I used ITR, P28, and Prelude calibrations provided with the Smanager without doing any changes. The car drives fine with any of them with only that problem at 2K RPM. Like SOHC and me said, it seems like the injectors cut out at 2K, not 1.9 not 2.1, is exactly at 2K.

I'm using stock H22A Distributor with OEM coil and saturated 440 RC injectors.
SOHC_STUDENT

Post by SOHC_STUDENT »

hey, I think I figured my 2K RPM limit

start a datalog and look at your sensors. Is your boost cut kicking in?

Are you running a MAP sensor?

I was not running a MAP sensor and my boost cut was set to 160. Well, my MAP reading was like 170+ so I just set boost cut to 255.
aahill69

Post by aahill69 »

SOHC_STUDENT wrote:hey, I think I figured my 2K RPM limit

start a datalog and look at your sensors. Is your boost cut kicking in?

Are you running a MAP sensor?

I was not running a MAP sensor and my boost cut was set to 160. Well, my MAP reading was like 170+ so I just set boost cut to 255.
Try this:

Turn the key on, open your map, click on the lightning bolt (or hit F10), on the parameters tab select the TPS. Without touching the throttle click on the 'read' button for minimum throttle. Then push the throttle to the floor, click 'read' for maximum throttle. Upload the map. That will clear up many TPS related issues.

Hope that helps.
SOHC_STUDENT

Post by SOHC_STUDENT »

dude, I'm waaay past that. preciate the attempt at help but that was out of left field.

ONly reason I posted up was to try and help you since you're getting the same 2000RPM rev limit.
aahill69

Post by aahill69 »

I thought you had the problem still. Thank you anyway.
Are you running Alpha N? I'll be running ITB's by next month, so no more MAP tuning.