s300 and SManager software questions & answers
ITR 1102

How to get file off of S200 chip to open in SManager

Post by ITR 1102 »

short and sweet:

My car was tuned on my s200
My s200 crapped out almost completely

I bought an S300

How can I get the tune off of the chip from the S200 and open it to convert it to S300?

What equipment is needed to retreive info from a chip? All I can find is what is needed to burn, not necessarily communicate both ways.

Should my tuner be obligated to send the file to me since he still has it?
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

You will need a chip burner to read the chip. Save it as a .bin file using the software that came with the burner (pocket programmer for example). Take that bin and open it up in S300. It will prompt you to condense it to 20 columns...at least it did for me.
ITR 1102

Post by ITR 1102 »

turbosi92 wrote:You will need a chip burner to read the chip. Save it as a .bin file using the software that came with the burner (pocket programmer for example). Take that bin and open it up in S300. It will prompt you to condense it to 20 columns...at least it did for me.
does condensing it to 20 columns affect anything?
will all the maps be identical?

The only things I read is that it does not transfer the injector size and VTEC crossover point, both of which I can deal with
ITR 1102

differences in settings / files

Post by ITR 1102 »

I opened a couple .bin files to see what the SManager softare does when trying to convert the file over. When condensing the columns, what option should I use:
-Use first 20 colums
-Use last 20 columns ?

I have a jrsc Integra Type R and the rev limit is set at 9k rpm on the current tune.
The fuel injector size I can figure out pretty easily... But, what other options are now set on default that I need to change? I do not have RomEditor software, so I do not know all of the settings on my tune. Any advise?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Use the first 20 columns
Hondata
ITR 1102

Post by ITR 1102 »

Hondata wrote:Use the first 20 columns
Where can I see a list of items / options that are set to default and not transfered over?

Is there anyone who has the RomEditor software that could open my file for me and note what settings I need to make, or perhaps someone with some free time that could fully tranform the tune for me?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Download the demo version of RomEditor. Everything which is in SManager but not in RomEditor will be a default value.
Hondata
ITR 1102

Post by ITR 1102 »

Hondata wrote:Download the demo version of RomEditor. Everything which is in SManager but not in RomEditor will be a default value.
I did download the demo version, I am still playing around with it.

My tuner / dealer called and spoke with someone at Hondata today and he was told that the car HAS to be retuned right away if converting the file from S200 to S300. Can you please tell me why this is, and why it is not mentioned in the help file?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It is not necessary to retune after going from a s200 to s300.
Hondata