FuelTrim

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Wolli

FuelTrim

Post by Wolli »

Hi.
I?m coming from austria, and have enough problems to understand everything cause of the language. But i really do not understand the FuelTrim. What exactly is this doing? And how should i adjust it. I need the correct fuel tables to adjust the fueltrim, and the exactly fueltrim to create the fuel tables. I did not find this in the manual, and we do not have a dealer here in middle europe (not now!). But i know a lot of people who wants a s300, but they are scared. So please help me!!
Greetings, Wolli
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Taken directly from the Help file from our software: (Help, Contents search for Trim)

Fuel Trim Parameters

This tab contains settings relating to the injector size and fuel trim of the engine.

Injectors
This tab contains settings for the injector size.

Changing the injector size will automatically compensate the fuel tables for the rating of the injector (but not for the specific characteristics of the injector). Also the cranking fuel and throttle tip in fuel are compensated based on the injector size. Most stock Honda B & H series engines use 240 cc/minute injectors; most F & H series engines use 310 cc/minute injectors. For non-standard fuel pressure use the overall fuel trim (below) to compensate.

Fuel Trim

Overall fuel trim - an additional compensation applied evenly to the main fuel tables.

Cranking fuel trim - applied when starting the engine. Note that the cranking fuel is automatically compensated for the injector size, but the overall fuel trim is not applied to the cranking fuel. Usually the cranking fuel can be left at zero.

Throttle tip in trim - applied to the throttle top in extra fuel, which is added when the throttle is rapidly opened. As with the cranking fuel trim, the throttle tip in fuel is automatically compensated for the injector size, but the overall fuel trim is not applied to the throttle tip in fuel.

Cylinder Fuel Trim

By changing the cylinder fuel trim it is possible to add or remove fuel for individual cylinders. Note that the injector duration as datalogged is the duration for injector #1. Changing the fuel trim for cylinder #1 will result in the datalogging showing the duration for cylinder #1, not the rest of the cylinders. Warning: Do not set the cylinder fuel trim from reading the spark plugs. The only reliable way to set the fuelling for individual cylinders is using EGTs or individual lambda probes on each exhaust runner.

Cold Start Fuel Trim

Post Start Fuel Adjustment - alters the amount of fuel added immediately after starting the engine. This extra post start fuel is normally slowly reduced to no extra fuel over the period of 10-30 seconds. Changing the post start fuel adjustment will alter the amount of fuel and also the enrichment time period.
Wolli

Post by Wolli »

So when i have the stock 43 psi fuel pressure, i have to let the fuel trim at zero?
The estimated fuel table in one part is -900. Can this be correct? So i have to enter - 880, that makes no sense, or.
Sorry for being confused!
TurboLS

Post by TurboLS »

If you load a stock calibration and your injectors are sized and configured properly in Hondata, then the fuel trims should only be used to extremely fine tune the response. I will occasionally use idle fuel trim if my low load low rpm runs end up screwing up the idle after my adjustments. In fact, the best article on this site is about tuning and goes over a bunch of different features associated with Hondata. I suggest you print and read every tech article on the site. It will shed light on a lot of things.
TurboLS from Team-Integra.net
(703)919-2786 (C)
Wolli

Post by Wolli »

I found the problem; i cannot use closed loop, because european civics do not have the eld. and that was the reason for running so rich. Now in open loop it runs great. Slowly i understand the s300. But what units are this in the fuel tables? Miliseconds x 10? So when in the estimated fuel tables stands -19 i have to reduce the tables like that, or?
And i have read every post in this forum minimum 1 time, and learned the whole cd, but it?s really hard for me, cause of the language.
Thanks, TurboLS
TurboLS

Post by TurboLS »

I was referring to http://www.hondata.com/tech.html. The units in the tables are durations I believe. One way to kinda check is see what value the table says for around idle and then watch the INJ value change on the sensors tab.
TurboLS from Team-Integra.net
(703)919-2786 (C)