Minor hicups after S300 install - hints?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Wafler

Minor hicups after S300 install - hints?

Post by Wafler »

Just installed my S300 in a P28 and it works almost perfectly :)
I have a B16A2 in an EG btw. Oem O2 sensor into oem pinout location, AEM uego into D10(ELD)

However, if I use stockUsdmP30 or stockJdmP30 the car has an occasional "hicup" while driving and then SManager sometimes get unresponsive. Any ideas? (knock is disabled as my P28 have no knock board nor the engine)

If I upload the map it is supposed to have, the EUDMp30 (for EUDM Civic VTi) map this does not occur, but while using this map the motor leans out dangerously - strangely enough(!?). Anyone?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Has the car been tuned on the dyno yet? That is usually the cause of hiccups.
Wafler

Post by Wafler »

Ok I see - no the car has not been on a dyno yet. I have to drive like 900km to get there(I live in Norway) and have not had the time yet. Thanks Spunkster :)

About the stock EUDM P30 map - may it be so that this is NOT an actual copy of the original map since it leans out so much? It is supposed to be the same map that is in my P30 ECU and that ECU works fine (?) Btw, I downloaded it from the Hondata forum -> S300 Calibrations
Wafler

Post by Wafler »

Another question: Tried setting up the Full Throttle Shift - no luck. Used the VTEC pressure switch for activation. Either the set rpm becomes a rev limit or if I invert it nothing at all happens. Any ideas?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We did not post that calibration on the forum. That was posted by some other user.

As for Full Throttle Shift, do you have the wire connected to the clutch switch so that it can actually tell when you are shifting?
Wafler

Post by Wafler »

We did not post that calibration on the forum. That was posted by some other user.
I know, just wanted to know someones opinion on the matter :)
As for Full Throttle Shift, do you have the wire connected to the clutch switch so that it can actually tell when you are shifting?
Sorry for not searching thoroughly enough... When I did, I got a new understandig of how this function works. Guess I'll just make a switch out of something else, like my unoperational AC-switch :) Switches to ground, yes?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can use any of te inputs listed in the drop down as long as you wire it to the clutch switch.
deafy

Post by deafy »

Look at the fuel graph and ignition graph and see if theres any spikes or dips, even it out along the lines and it should help
Wafler

Post by Wafler »

Thanks, Deafy - should be obvious I guess but didn't think about it hehe...